Preload Pay - 2018 Contract (On Topic)

PT Car Washer

Long term part-timers....

Have a skewed sense of entitlement.

They think, that transfers to current members.
The reason the Teamsters insisted that PT make the same wages as FT was to protect FT jobs. Also for the revenue from monthly dues. I guess I still have that mentality as I see how PT jobs have greatly increased compared to FT jobs.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Times change, business changes, and so do people.
But it's Teamster negotiated contracts that have went nothing but backwards in relation to part time employees at UPS, in regards to both wages and benefits for the last 3 or 4 decades???

....first with the creation of a 2 tier wage scale, then with little to no change in starting wages from that point forward, and the erosion of benefits and advancement conditions.

Coincidentally part timers make up the majority of employees, but now instead of college students comprising the lions share, it's single parents, small business people, senior citizens, and indigent leftover marketplace castoffs filling these positions.
We were there for the money and promise of a full time driving job, now they are are here for the benefits only.

When I was hired part time by UPS at age 20 in 1986, for $8/hr and full benefits after 30 days, minimum wage was $3.35/hr and benefits only were found for full time jobs.

It's simply too convenient, and grossly unfair, to slough off the woes of UPS part timers on "changing times, business, and or people".
We aren't buying that crap anymore.
It was a different time.

30572014_865877520274915_2732045958459162624_n.jpg

Look at what we got....
Again, unless you are 86 years old (or more), those leather and denim claddened fellas who look like they just stepped out of a gay bar, aren't from your decade???

....but for the sake of discussion, let's pretend they are.

Those 50's guys were met with the same disdain from their elders, as you have for those pictured from 2018....so I'm not sure what your point is???

Every generation tends to think the one that follows their's is deficient.
Why are we to think somehow that assertion skipped your generation??
Please tell me....

You don't have children eating Tide pods, and snorting condoms ?
I do not, to my knowledge???

....nor are they "hillhopping", "draft dodging flower children", or part of a "hip drug culture", nor are they partaking in "free love", huffing PAM cooking spray, etc.

Maybe you "BigUnionGuys" should spend more time looking at how you can elevate your past shortcomings, rather than passing them off on subsequent, unwitting generations?

That slight of hand has missed it's mark, again.

Last edited:

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
But it's Teamster negotiated contracts that have went nothing but backwards in relation to part time employees at UPS, in regards to both wages and benefits for the last 3 or 4 decades???

....first with the creation of a 2 tier wage scale, then with little to no change in starting wages from that point forward, and the erosion of benefits and advancement conditions.

Coincidentally part timers make up the majority of employees, but now instead of college students comprising the lions share, it's single parents, small business people, senior citizens, and indigent leftover marketplace castoffs filling these positions.
We were there for the money and promise of a full time driving job, now they are are here for the benefits only.

When I was hired part time by UPS at age 20 in 1986, for $8/hr and full benefits after 30 days, minimum wage was $3.35/hr and benefits only were found for full time jobs.

It's simply too convenient, and grossly unfair, to slough off the woes of UPS part timers on "changing times, business, and or people".
We aren't buying that crap anymore.

Again, unless you are 86 years old (or more), those leather and denim claddened fellas who look like they just stepped out of a gay bar, aren't from your decade???

....but for the sake of discussion, let's pretend they are.

Those 50's guys were met with the same disdain from their elders, as you have for those pictured from 2018....so I'm not sure what your point is???

Every generation tends to think the one that follows their's is deficient.
Why are we to think somehow that assertion skipped your generation??

I do not, to my knowledge???

....nor are they "hillhopping", "draft dodging flower children", or part of a "hip drug culture", nor are they partaking in "free love", huffing PAM cooking spray, etc.

Maybe you "BigUnionGuys" should spend more time looking at how you can elevate your past shortcomings, rather than passing them off on subsequent, unwitting generations?

Dang Bubbles!
That is good stuff and incisive .

BUG supports FT being a parasite off the backs of PT.
The lack of a conscience in this is disturbing and is worse than the corporations that don't pay their workers a living wage.
I was a PT that got paid the same as drivers ... The last few decades is a shameful time for the Teamsters voting in contracts that took care of the Full Timers currently working while abandoning retirees and Part Timers.

I hope BUG loses half his pension after he retires!

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

Valid observation.

When I started, pay was 70% (?) of full rate and only a 90 day progression. At 90 days

a part-timer was making the same hourly rate a a pkg car driver. With benefits.

But, part-timers weren't even considered "gainfully employed". Before that....

they were only referred to as student workers. Part-time employees (then)

were only intended as a supplemental workforce.

Every generation has a level of distain for the current generation.

Have I become my parent's ? (all I wanted was a pair of bell bottoms)

What's missing the mark.... is you continually quantifying me along with every

other long-term employee (who has happened to serve the members) in some

sort of "anti part-timer" bouillabaisse.

That's a nice thing, for a (cough) fellow Teamster to say.

And how would that happen ?

I'm grandfathered into the UPS/IBT plan.

-Bug-

Inthegame

You might not be far off. I havent been PT for years now, but i still remember how the FTers turned their backs on us every single contract.
Really? Every single contract? I remember standing on a picket line so 20,000 PT's got a crack at FT.
Sure because BUG was responsible for every National, Regional Supplement and Rider getting voted in for the last forty years.
Any Teamster wishing anyone to lose a penny of their pension is sick.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Whether it is part time or full time job, if the job is the same, the compensation per hour should be the same. IMO
Not in my opinion. A part-time job should not have the same perks as a full-time job.
The thing 20+ years ago was "part-time America won't work" and the push was to create full-time jobs.
There should be no part-time jobs at UPS. Yes I know there MUST be , in some cases, but in cases where it is not necessary, there should be none.
I just find it interesting that we argue about increase part-time wages when we should be arguing eliminating part-time altogether

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Not in my opinion. A part-time job should not have the same perks as a full-time job.
The thing 20+ years ago was "part-time America won't work" and the push was to create full-time jobs.
There should be no part-time jobs at UPS. Yes I know there MUST be , in some cases, but in cases where it is not necessary, there should be none.
I just find it interesting that we argue about increase part-time wages when we should be arguing eliminating part-time altogether
i will tell Dave your thoughts

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Any Teamster wishing anyone to lose a penny of their pension is sick.
I agree and took my "beer charm" back.
That was too much @Mr Jingles and over the top rhetorically.
Really? Every single contract? I remember standing on a picket line so 20,000 PT's got a crack at FT.
Pretty sure it was 10,000 jobs as a result of that contract, although it did pave the way for more 22.3 full time jobs in subsequent contracts.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Every generation has a level of distain for the current generation.

Have I become my parent's ? (all I wanted was a pair of bell bottoms)
I hated my bell bottoms!!!
They always got stuck in my bike chain.
What's missing the mark.... is you continually quantifying me along with every

other long-term employee (who has happened to serve the members) in some

sort of "anti part-timer" bouillabaisse.
Kind of like when you "quantify" any Teamster, with any level of discontent for the status quo,.....as TDU???

Sucks, doesn't it....???

That wasn't a terrible thing for that poster to say and I wish you and every Teamster a long and prosperous retirement.

~Bbbl~™

Last edited:

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Valid observation.

-Bug-
I didn’t really mean it!
It was a ‘shock’ retort to give You and the other full timers a feel how hateful it is to enjoy the largess y’all experience off the backs of part timers.

Hopefully that gets ameliorated in the upcoming contract ... obviously over your objections and power.

brown_trousers

It is your opinion... others may have a different opinion. It is not for us to force our opinions onto others.

Some people choose part time work for their career. We dont all have to fit a specific mold for our careers. And i dont feel like punishing those part timers because they choose to live their lives differently than i do.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
You know that is untrue no matter how idealist you try to spin it. Our "leaders" contracts and everything else is decided by a vote of a minority being forced a majorities opinion.
It is your opinion... others may have a different opinion. It is not for us to force our opinions onto others.

Some people choose part time work for their career. We dont all have to fit a specific mold for our careers. And i dont feel like punishing those part timers because they choose to live their lives differently than i do.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage

Thanks for posting this ... My thoughts as well.
I get so :censored2:ing tired of these cuckservatives trying to define how other people should live their lives.
He must be a Republican!

542thruNthru

Thanks for posting this ... My thoughts as well.
I get so :censored2:ing tired of these cuckservatives trying to define how other people should live their lives.
He must be a Republican!

That's the young Mr. Jingles. You need to change the picture to the much older hip Mr.Jingles.
DEXATI20180410152116.png

Attachments

• hqdefault.jpg
    hqdefault.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 194

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

What kind of “career” is part time