Presidential debates!! 2012

Lue C Fur

Evil member
I watched the debates this morning (DVR) and this is how i feel it went.

The Moderater (Lefty Bob) did a good job and did not get envolved. A few times i saw the Messiah look at Bob while Romney was speaking as if he was asking for help..."Bob, are you going to help me...remember that your a Liberal and you got my back...right?". Kudos to Bob for staying out of it. He was the best moderator of all the debates.

The split screen was downright scary. While Romney was talking and the Messiah was looking at him, i thought horns were going to pop out of his head. He looked like he was going to grow fangs and bite Mitt...was he pissed off or what? Maybe that is why he kept his head down in the first debate.

The Messiah had a good zinger...the "Bayonettes and Horses" comment was funny. I was getting bored watching since i think Romney was playing it safe and i kept hearing much of the same crap from both. It got testy a few times but in the end i think Romney looked more respectful and Obama just wanted to attack and bring up the same ole boring taking points. And what is up with Barry looking at his hands all the time when he is talking. Was there something written on his hands cause his telepromptor is not there to help him?

In the end i dont think the last debate was a game changer for either.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Obama is on the campaign trail today somewhere in Florida. Someone needs to 'splain' to him about bankruptcy and how he could've arrived at the same outcome with the car company without throwing the taxpayer's money at it. He doesn't get it , but that doesn't keep him from flapping his jaw.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
A lot of pissed off Marines with that "bayonet" comment. The President must not know that they still use them!
Eh, not really. Yes they still get issued, but about 99% of the time they stay in the armory so they won't get dirty for the 1% of the time they are required for a gear inspection. Anyone pretending to be pissed off about it is just putting on a show.

island1fox

The main point missed by both --Military has evolved because of America's continued investment. Must continue to spend on Military to continue to advance both offensive and defensive future capabilities.

moreluck

golden ticket member
candysweddingday.jpg

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
A lot of pissed off Marines with that "bayonet" comment. The President must not know that they still use them!

Thats RIDICULOUS.. and I see you watched fox news for this... typically, you take what was said out of context.

OBAMA SAID: "governor romney, we also have FEWER horses and bayonets than in 1916""

The OPERATIVE word in BOTH statements was FEWER.... Romney said we have FEWER ships and OBAMA said we have FEWER Horses and Bayonets...

Somehow, the word FEWER escapes you. FEWER does NOT mean NONE.

OBAMA did not say that we DIDNT have bayonets or horses....

Get serious.

Peace

TOS

UPS Lifer

Not! Obama made himself look petulant.

You are being too nice! I thought he was talking down to Romney on a few occasions. This was one of them. Another one was when BO said, "I know you haven't conducted any foreign policy..."

This is a president who is losing the battle and needed to reset the direction this election is going. He failed miserably in that goal.

UPS Lifer

Eh, not really. Yes they still get issued, but about 99% of the time they stay in the armory so they won't get dirty for the 1% of the time they are required for a gear inspection. Anyone pretending to be pissed off about it is just putting on a show.

Kinda like the false outrage on the "binder" issue and Big Bird! HUH! :wink2:

Buddybrown

--- Look here at the 10 facts about bayonets--- PHOTOS: 10 facts about bayonets - Photos - 1 of 10 - POLITICO.com -- #10-- Most recently, a human rights group said Muammar Gaddafi died after a captor stabbed him with a bayonet, which led to massive blood loss.---My favorite is the bad asses in photo # 8----In 2003, the Marine Corps gave Marines in Afghanistan a new bayonet that was sharper than any of its predecessors and doubled as a “fighting knife” that can pierce body armor.---I think a body armor piercing knife on the end of your rifle could come in handy....Just sayin..:)--

moreluck

golden ticket member
Notebook, binder, folder....these are all terms a college student or business person would use. Only goofs would try to make joke.....like Beavis & Buttheads of the world!!

bbsam

Staff member
The main point missed by both --Military has evolved because of America's continued investment. Must continue to spend on Military to continue to advance both offensive and defensive future capabilities.

That's true, but smart investment. If the M1 tank is no longer needed, then so be it. If drones can do what a new reecon jet can do for 1/10 th the price, great.

klein

Für Meno :)
Well, my brother and I watched the debate last night.
My bro doesn't even follow politics much, and watches the news maybe once a week or less.

He thought Obama totally tore Romney apart ! So, much so, that he was laughing thru-out the debate, as Obama totally counter-acted on Romney's questions and accusitions.

We also watched a bit of the after debate facts and comments.
As most of you know, they have instant positive/negative reaction lines for the public to respond at while they are talking ( A Canadian invention, btw).
I was part of it once before during 1 of our debates up north. (It's done over the net).

Anyways, Romneys lowest (most negative) response came as he was asked where the funding would come from for his military expenses and tax cuts.
He responded with getting rid of Obamacare as a priority first.

Obama's most negative point came when he was told by Romney that he did an Apoligy tour once he became president, and Obama only answered with "not true, and it being just the largest whopper ever told).

Oh and btw : I find it difficult to recognize the new Romney. I think President Obama may be onto something here with his recently "Romnesia" comment.
Mitt is now for almost all the Presidents policies which he was against a few weeks ago. It sounds like he could be the Vice Presidential Nonimee for the Democratic Party !