Presidential debates!! 2012

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
--- Look here at the 10 facts about bayonets--- PHOTOS: 10 facts about bayonets - Photos - 1 of 10 - POLITICO.com -- #10-- Most recently, a human rights group said Muammar Gaddafi died after a captor stabbed him with a bayonet, which led to massive blood loss.---My favorite is the bad asses in photo # 8----In 2003, the Marine Corps gave Marines in Afghanistan a new bayonet that was sharper than any of its predecessors and doubled as a “fighting knife” that can pierce body armor.---I think a body armor piercing knife on the end of your rifle could come in handy....Just sayin..:)--
Posing for moto pictures like #8 is about the only time you're gonna see a bunch of marines with fixed bayonets. Look how clean and shiny they are.

Buddybrown

We also have to judge this debate as part of the narrative arc of this season.--- Romney won the first debate by a mile.---- Because Romney’s win was so-- decisive,-- it sparked an image change: Americans started to think of him as presidential material.---- That’s why Obama winning the second debate by an inch made little impact – people were watching Romney not to see him land punches but to see how well he could take them.---- He won the third debate because, by the end of the night, his and Obama’s positions in the narrative arc had switched.--- Romney now looks like the President and Obama looks like the challenger.--- Romney won the presidential debate by looking presidential. Obama had a painful case of Biden's smile – Telegraph Blogs ---

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
We also have to judge this debate as part of the narrative arc of this season.--- Romney won the first debate by a mile.---- Because Romney’s win was so-- decisive,-- it sparked an image change: Americans started to think of him as presidential material.---- That’s why Obama winning the second debate by an inch made little impact – people were watching Romney not to see him land punches but to see how well he could take them.---- He won the third debate because, by the end of the night, his and Obama’s positions in the narrative arc had switched.--- Romney now looks like the President and Obama looks like the challenger.--- Romney won the presidential debate by looking presidential. Obama had a painful case of Biden's smile – Telegraph Blogs ---
I'm not sure where you're getting that he won the 3rd debate. Every poll I've seen so far had Obama winning.

CBS poll

CNN poll

PPP poll

moreluck

golden ticket member
Being a mean jerk does not constitute a win for Obama. He was desperate while Romney was cool and reserved. Romney acted more presidential. You can't have the leader of the free world belittling others and coming unglued and appearing angry.

He was belittling to Romney when he said something like we have carriers now and submarines......what a jerk! He state lies......fact checkers prove that..... after the debates are over.

Your bro's opinion means nothing in the U.S.

UPS Lifer

Well, my brother and I watched the debate last night.
My bro doesn't even follow politics much, and watches the news maybe once a week or less.

He thought Obama totally tore Romney apart ! So, much so, that he was laughing thru-out the debate, as Obama totally counter-acted on Romney's questions and accusitions.

We also watched a bit of the after debate facts and comments.
As most of you know, they have instant positive/negative reaction lines for the public to respond at while they are talking ( A Canadian invention, btw).
I was part of it once before during 1 of our debates up north. (It's done over the net).

Anyways, Romneys lowest (most negative) response came as he was asked where the funding would come from for his military expenses and tax cuts.
He responded with getting rid of Obamacare as a priority first.

Obama's most negative point came when he was told by Romney that he did an Apoligy tour once he became president, and Obama only answered with "not true, and it being just the largest whopper ever told).

Oh and btw : I find it difficult to recognize the new Romney. I think President Obama may be onto something here with his recently "Romnesia" comment.
Mitt is now for almost all the Presidents policies which he was against a few weeks ago. It sounds like he could be the Vice Presidential Nonimee for the Democratic Party !

For some reason, I have a taste for a hotdog with mustard and onions. A good ole American hotdog. uhmmmm GOOD!

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Being a mean jerk does not constitute a win for Obama. He was desperate while Romney was cool and reserved. Romney acted more presidential. You can't have the leader of the free world belittling others and coming unglued and appearing angry.

He was belittling to Romney when he said something like we have carriers now and submarines......what a jerk! He state lies......fact checkers prove that..... after the debates are over.

Your bro's opinion means nothing in the U.S.
He's comin' for ya!

bmWwCh.jpg

UPS Lifer

That's true, but smart investment. If the M1 tank is no longer needed, then so be it. If drones can do what a new reecon jet can do for 1/10 th the price, great.

Our enemies will soon have the same technology we have with drones. They are busy creating technology that will one up the USA. Your prez just does not get this! Again he is leading from the behind. (and yeah I did put "the" in there purposely!)

bbsam

Staff member
Our enemies will soon have the same technology we have with drones. They are busy creating technology that will one up the USA. Your prez just does not get this! Again he is leading from the behind. (and yeah I did put "the" in there purposely!)

By your logic, they would have the same technology with anything. Shouldn't take a $100 million fighter jet to take out a Suburban full of terrorists if you can do the same thing for far less and safer to American pilots.

UPS Lifer

By your logic, they would have the same technology with anything. Shouldn't take a $100 million fighter jet to take out a Suburban full of terrorists if you can do the same thing for far less and safer to American pilots.

Huh?

I am sorry but you point in a different direction every time you answer a post of mine. The latest is fighter jets... My post was on drone technology. Do you just make stuff up about what you think I am thinking or what???

We have to continue to out think our enemies and develop the next great technology like the drone.

Each piece of warfare technology has a function for specific actionable offensive or defensive posturing. We need ships to protect the shipping lanes that commercial ships and our aircraft carriers use. With too few, we will not be able to protect key shipping lanes. The same goes for other warfare assets including aircraft.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Perhaps because he is actually the prez, maybe he's a little bit more informed on military technology than Bishop Romney. Mitt wants to keep us at war so all of his CEO buddies can turn bigger profits. How do you know what our enemies know anyway? Are you briefed daily by Rush Limbaugh?

moreluck

golden ticket member
I love the film clips of the terrorists went they are planting their bombs and they explode prematurely......spoiled their day for sure !!!!

bbsam

Staff member
Lifer, why not put the government's money where they need it, namely the cheaper to build drones? Leave the fighter jets to private money and research where they aren't constrained by deadlines and such.

We actually agree. My point about jets was the same as yours. Technology and the people who develop it always move forward. The world doesn't need the Osprey or the F22 or the F35. We don't need the million man armies to occupy Europe or Asia. Those are the fighting mechanisms of the past and we aren't going back. We are moving forward. (And yes, I used forward on purpose. Clever,no?)

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Its clear, and as the president has said, our military is going into a different direction than in 1917 where Romney resides.

In less than 20 years, there will be NO pilots in fighter planes. Drone fighter aircraft is already tested and improvements made.

We have the largest fleet of nuclear submarines in the world and useless ships sitting in some dry dock rotting away will never be the future.

Technology is replacing the expensive machinery of the past.

Peace

TOS

klein

Für Meno :)
Tweet of the day ! (after the last debate)

Glenn Beck ‏@glennbeck
I am glad to know that mitt agrees with Obama so much. No, really. Why vote?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
[h=1]Obama Gets Military Tech All Wrong in Debate[/h]
While the Army discontinued traditional bayonet training in 2010, the USMC still trains Marines with bayonets and issues them as standard equipment. The Army has also begun training soldiers in a different style of bayonet use--not affixed to the end of a rifle but as a secondary melee weapon.
To make bayonet training relevant again, the Army got rid of the bayonet assault course, in which soldiers fixed a bayonet to the end of a rifle, ran towards a target while yelling and then rammed the bayonet into the target center. Instead, soldiers learn in combatives training how to use a knife or bayonet if someone grabs their primary weapon.
Some users on Twitter have claimed that, by virtue of the USMC still using bayonets, there actuallyare more bayonets in use than 1916, when the army had between 100,000 and 140,000 enlisted members. As of 2010, the Corps boasted 203,000 active duty members and 40,000 reserve marines.
Regarding horses, a statue of a member of the U.S. Special Forces on horseback was just unveiled at Ground Zero in New York City. When our Special Forces invaded Afghanistan post-9/11, many did so on horseback.

All those drones & other toys will never replace boots on the ground .

over9five

Staff member
I seem to remember Obama saying that we didn't use as many bayonets, not that they were discontinued.
Bayonets! Who the hell cares how many bayonets there are. Obama will say anything to avoid talking about his record (or lack thereof) of the last 4 years. It's the only thing he can do. Talking about bayonets instead of his failure as president is an excellent campaign strategy for him.

bbsam

Staff member
Bayonets! Who the hell cares how many bayonets there are. Obama will say anything to avoid talking about his record (or lack thereof) of the last 4 years. It's the only thing he can do. Talking about bayonets instead of his failure as president is an excellent campaign strategy for him.

I agree. I think the bayonet discussion is goofy. Baba in post 490 seems to think differently.