PT Preload contract? Pay raises?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Do it one percent a week. I'm telling you, it will add up. I was just looking at mine this morning. From when the market peaked in 2007 , now my balance is double. It was kinda hard to watch it go down , I'm very pleased now.
Got my wife's statement last week.

Her not getting profit sharing from her new employer really hurts. Managed to amase about 150k in just 3 years.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Do it one percent a week. I'm telling you, it will add up. I was just looking at mine this morning. From when the market peaked in 2007 , now my balance is double. It was kinda hard to watch it go down , I'm very pleased now.
I was focused on the mortgage, but in another thread @Brownslave688 got me thinking about "good debt". Did a little research and I think my money's better put to use in the 401k. Gonna try to max it out from here on.

I was focused on the mortgage, but in another thread @Brownslave688 got me thinking about "good debt". Did a little research and I think my money's better put to use in the 401k. Gonna try to max it out from here on.
The power of time and compounding is on your side. Trust me , I busted my balls to pay my house off before my kids started college. It is a good feeling but I always managed to put some money away. Just find the right balance.

Brownslave688

Holy cow. That's fantastic. 10 More years she can retire.

And keep your lazy ass working
Yeah not having her employer put 20k a year towards retirement sucks but she got a 30k a year raise plus a 20k year end bonus. So 50k raise pretty much.

The money is there just have to be more hands on now.

Brownslave688

The power of time and compounding is on your side. Trust me , I busted my balls to pay my house off before my kids started college. It is a good feeling but I always managed to put some money away. Just find the right balance.
Started a college fund last week.

Yeah not having her employer put 20k a year towards retirement sucks but she got a 30k a year raise plus a 20k year end bonus. So 50k raise pretty much.

The money is there just have to be more hands on now.
I'm suprised that they don't put the money in a retirement plan for her. It would save them a ton on social security and Medicare taxes.

Brownslave688

I'm suprised that they don't put the money in a retirement plan for her. It would save them a ton on social security and Medicare taxes.
Hospital bought out her anesthesia group. So basically they got what all hospital employees get for retirement

Brownslave688

I can't even imagine how much it will cost 18 years from now. The price if college goes up way faster than inflation. It's always a 4,5 or 6 percent increase every year.
Like I told the wife I'm not going to sacrifice retirement or anything to pay for it. We will put away what we are comfortable putting away and that's what she'll get.