PT Preload contract? Pay raises?

DOK

Mgt is loosing future contributions in 5 years.... ever heard of the trickle down effect...I never said it WAS going to happen but people would be a fool to think they aren't going to push real hard....
Yeah I hear ya. Honestly I'd rather have them put the money they put into my teamsters pension for me into my own 401k.

Griffin1820

File! File! File!
Good way to get lots of PTers to vote for some fat concessions on the FT side. Probably won't pay as well to go FT next August.

The Company will cite ongoing lower revenue per package given the booming number of residential stops. The trend will only increase. Have to lower delivery costs.

Will be interesting to see what's said during the Q2 results call next Thursday.

Revenue was down last quarter but profits was up 171%... i believe it was 1.3 billion dollars according to an article i recently read.
Last peak UPS stocks was trading at a record breaking high.
Come to think of it when was the last time UPS reported profits being down?
Think about this... some states are getting union members 15 per hour via Government before a labor union does. I can't see why we would settle for any less than 15 this contract.

Over disciplined0123

I think part timers should get a huge raise I started in 1989 at $9.00 an hour so now it’s almost 30 years later and they are starting at 10 or 11$ an hour. Mabey making a offering of wanting to receive benefits and starting at 14$.00 an hour. Or opting out to no benefits and starting at 20.00$ to $25.00 an hour. Many new hires were like me when I started coming right out of high school and never even used the benefits I had until I got married

km3

Automation. They asked me to do small sort one night after my shift. What a joke. Let the scanner hit the barcode and the bin lights up.

No skill there.

Ironically enough, that job is given to article 22.3s who make 3 times what a new hire does per hour. God forbid we give them an extra dollar though...

PT Car Washer

Automation. They asked me to do small sort one night after my shift. What a joke. Let the scanner hit the barcode and the bin lights up.

No skill there.
The scanner is also slower and not as accurate as a skilled sorter. Same is true of a skilled preload sort aisle or boxline sorter. Old school were faster and more accurate then reading the PAL labels.