Recently turned 60

Heavy Package

this great company.

obama-laughing-on-af1.jpg

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I turned 60 in December and on March 7th I will celebrate 39 years with this great company. Thanks to my recent divorce, I am looking forward to another 39 years of package fun. My question is - Should I go into feeders and ride it out or should I skip all the formalities and shoot myself now?
Sound you are in the "I'll work so she can't collect" club.

john chesney

I turned 60 in December and on March 7th I will celebrate 39 years with this great company. Thanks to my recent divorce, I am looking forward to another 39 years of package fun. My question is - Should I go into feeders and ride it out or should I skip all the formalities and shoot myself now?
Why would you go only 39 more years? Go for 40 and retire when you’re 100.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member

In all seriousness, if you can still physically do it and feel fine, stay on.
Maybe things will change after this next contract, doubtful but possible.

If you plan on staying on the ex-wife vengeance tour a long time, I'd go to Feeders pronto if I were you.
With your seniority, you can still work days and the overtime is easy to stockpile some money.
The hardest part about the CDL is the actual getting the CDL license with memorizing quiz answers and pretrip/air brake procedures.
After that, everything else comes easy. Message me if you have any questions. I'm right down the road from you :)

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
In all seriousness, if you can still physically do it and feel fine, stay on.
Maybe things will change after this next contract, doubtful but possible.

If you plan on staying on the ex-wife vengeance tour a long time, I'd go to Feeders pronto if I were you.
With your seniority, you can still work days and the overtime is easy to stockpile some money.
The hardest part about the CDL is the actual getting the CDL license with memorizing quiz answers and pretrip/air brake procedures.
After that, everything else comes easy. Message me if you have any questions. I'm right down the road from you :)
Great advice once again Heff

oldupsman

If your package seniority dovetails into feeders. With 39 years you could have the pick of jobs

That's the key right there. Our local you dovetailed from package to feeder. We didn't have that stupid, moronic,
idiotic, classification seniority. Did I make myself clear on how I feel about classification seniority.

brownIEman

Hey man,
I've seen your posts over the years I'm not going to pretend to know you but I've been through the big D and know how much this :censored2: sucks. Keep your head on straight, communicate honestly and often with your closest friends or family you can trust, take it day to day for now and it will get better. I hope and believe much better days are in-store for you.

Last edited: