Recently turned 60

Faceplanted

This thread is sad. Work till you die, or your ex gets pension money.... did u guys attempt to plan for retirement? Is all you have is your pension? What a sad way to exist after 60 years of life.

Last edited:
E

el blanco

you should have contested the divorce, in order to remain married

that would have burned her

john chesney

This thread is sad. Work till you die, or your ex gets pension money.... did u guys attempt to plan for retirement? Is all you have is your pension? What a sad way to exist after 60 years of life.
They get half of the house,401k,and all assets while you were married. Spousal support can also come into pay

Faceplanted

They get half of the house,401k,and all assets while you were married. Spousal support can also come into pay
I’m aware of how it goes. It just seem that after 39 years at ups there would be paid off homes and tons of assets involved that even splitting them would leave him with enough to retire. I guess everybody lives differently.

john chesney

I’m aware of how it goes. It just seem that after 39 years at ups there would be paid off homes and tons of assets involved that even splitting them would leave him with enough to retire. I guess everybody lives differently.
I’ll be honest with you it really depends on how many kids you have. Latest statistics I’ve seen says it takes $300,000 to raise a kid till 18. I got 1.2 million in kids and that makes a huge difference

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I turned 60 in December and on March 7th I will celebrate 39 years with this great company. Thanks to my recent divorce, I am looking forward to another 39 years of package fun. My question is - Should I go into feeders and ride it out or should I skip all the formalities and shoot myself now?
there's really no hope for you. have seen it before . you are institutionalized.

as your attorney , i recommend that you start drinking heavily.

Faceplanted

I’ll be honest with you it really depends on how many kids you have. Latest statistics I’ve seen says it takes $300,000 to raise a kid till 18. I got 1.2 million in kids and that makes a huge difference
Having kids is a choice you make

Just like putting money into a 401k

Or a wife actually working and bringing money to the table

Or not buying bigger houses every 5 years.

All choices that have huge effects on people’s lives.

john chesney

Having kids is a choice you make

Just like putting money into a 401k

Or a wife actually working and bringing money to the table

Or not buying bigger houses every 5 years.

All choices that have huge effects on people’s lives.
Totally agree however many of these choices I made was when I was young and dumb. I wish I had a do over lol

E

el blanco

did somebody do something wrong?

or did you just realize you both hate one another