Religious question for discussion.

Thebrownblob

I think the Bible is very useful for a lot of religious and spiritual training.
1666925717317.gif

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
You might try just actually engaging in the discussion topic.

So are you saying if God told y

Yes.

I just happen to believe that the Bible is not equivalent to God as you do.
I don’t believe that. Now you’re getting foolish, putting words in my mouth. Stop lying.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
I've never heard of this concept. What does "being equivalent to God" even actually mean when you're talking about a religious text? Any thoughts, preacher @BrownFlush ?
Integrity threads never end..or end well, but for my favorite atheist8-) I'll reply...
It's just a mis-statement.
I have heard some say that the Word is the Holy Spirit when it was the Holy Spirit that wrote the Word using men through direct inspiration.
God isn't His Word. His Word isn't equivalent or equal to Him. It's not even close.
God has revealed Himself through His Word - the Bible. By looking into it, we can come to an understanding of who God is. It reveals to us all that we need to know and all he wants us to know.
"The secret things belong to the LORD our God, but the things that are revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may do all the words of this law. " -Deut. 29:29

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Integrity threads never end..or end well, but for my favorite atheist8-) I'll reply...
I have heard some say that the Word is the Holy Spirit when it was the Holy Spirit that wrote the Word using men through direct inspiration.
God isn't His Word. His Word isn't equivalent or equal to Him. It's not even close.
God has revealed Himself through His Word - the Bible. By looking into it, we can come to an understanding of who God is. It reveals to us all that we need to know and all he wants us to know.
"The secret things belong to the LORD our God, but the things that are revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may do all the words of this law. " -Deut. 29:29
Well said.

Integrity

Binge Poster
I think this is a very reasonable and thought out reply.

For the most part it is consistent with my point of view regarding the Holy Bible and it’s use in religious training and my personal spiritual journey with God .

floridays

No I implied nothing.

I said:

“I believe, if I truly believe God is guiding and leading me to believe that something in the Bible is not accurate or isn’t true then I have to believe the Spirit of God not man.”
I'd call you deceived if whatever you "feel" the spirit is telling you is in conflict with written scripture.
You gotta be you though.
Let chips fall where they may.
I think you have doubts and are not seriously looking for an answer. Just my guess. You die one death, and answer for how you dealt wish Jesus Christ.

No games buddy.

floridays

This is very unkind.

I believe it is very foolish to call someone a fool.
How does idiot, infirm or lost work for you?
Maybe you are just trying to jerk some Johnsons?
Johnson is a term for dicks.

You gonna give this :poop: another death? You been here before.