Religious question for discussion.

Integrity

Binge Poster

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Lol it’s exactly on topic and you have no facts other than feelings. Your juvenile posts are hilarious.
Paul “felt” right ( “I lived in all good conscience “) while he was persecuting Christians. He just felt God was so pleased with him. An eye opener going down a road to Damascus proved feelings are not how you decide what is right and wrong.

oldngray

nowhere special
Paul “felt” right ( “I lived in all good conscience “) while he was persecuting Christians. He just felt God was so pleased with him. An eye opener going down a road to Damascus proved feelings are not how you decide what is right and wrong.
Anytime you "feel" something always test it against Scripture the make sure it agrees with what God said.

Darmark7

Retired 2020. Not my Problem Anymore!
Deflect.
Where is all the "many" contradictions in the Bible? Since there are many, you would think you would quote a least one passage for discussion.

I'm not blind. You miss.
In order for God to be a failure in what you are inferring, he would have to take free will out and make you a robot.

Ah yes, free will that everyone has because as the scriptures says "God is no respecter of person" Here are a few examples of contradiction to that since you brought it up.

1. What happened to Adams free will to eat of the tree of live? He was removed from the garden and Cherubs was put around the tree to protect it. Don't sound like God gave him free will.
2. Saul was going to Damascus to exercise his free will and kill some Christians. But God Blinded him and knocked him off his horse so it was impossible for him to practice his "Free Will"
3. Jonah didn't want to go to Nineveh but God had him swallowed by a large fish until he changed his "Free Will"

So now I just gave you 3 examples in the Bible that Free will is BS, if you believe the Bible? Also what happened to the" no respecter of person for those 3 people? So everybody gets free will except those 3? There is another contradiction you wanted me to show you.

Again I know why you believe the Bible. I have shown you many examples of why I don't. I don't care if you believe the Bible or not just as you shouldn't care if I do or don't. It is just interesting on how people come to believe or not believe subjects and how they got there. Good day my friend and enjoy what God has created for us.

Last edited:

Darmark7

Do you have a problem with the term religion?

By definition it is simply a particular system of faith and worship.

Not all that scary a word to me.
Even Jesus have a problem with religion. He could hang around prostitutes and sinners but he had a problem with religious people.

Earlier you asked if I was an atheist. No i am not. I just believe in a God that is way more powerful and more compassionate than I see the God of the Bible. I have explained before in many examples of why I believe the Bible is a man made book trying to explain a god. Civilizations have been doing this forever.

I just wanted to answer these question for you since you asked. I will not get into a conversation with you about this because it is a waste of time. This is just my belief. I respect yours and you can respect my view. Have a great weekend.

Last edited:

BrownFlush

Ah yes, free will that everyone has because as the scriptures says "God is no respecter of person" Here are a few examples of contradiction to that since you brought it up.

1. What happened to Adams free will to eat of the tree of live? He was removed from the garden and Cherubs was put around the tree to protect it. Don't sound like God gave him free will.
2. Saul was going to Damascus to exercise his free will and kill some Christians. But God Blinded him and knocked him off his horse so it was impossible for him to practice his "Free Will"
3. Jonah didn't want to go to Nineveh but God had him swallowed by a large fish until he changed his "Free Will"

So now I just gave you 3 examples in the Bible that Free will is BS, if you believe the Bible. Also what happened to the" no respecter of person for those 3 people? So everybody gets free will except those 3? There is another contradiction you wanted me to show you.

Again I know why you believe the Bible. I have shown you many examples of why I don't. I don't care if you believe the Bible or not just as you shouldn't care if I do or don't. It is just interesting on how people come to believe or not believe subjects and how they got there. Good day my friend and enjoy what God has created for us.
You brought up contradiction.

1.Adam chose to eat it and disobey God's command not to eat the fruit. Eve "chose" to eat it first actually and talked Adam into disobeying God. He blamed her. "The woman you gave me....."
You either don't understand free will or don't agree with consequences of disobedience.
2. Paul was an Apostle. He was chosen by God to be a minister to the Gentiles. One of the qualifications of an Apostle is that they must have personally seen Jesus, This happened on the road to Damascus.
Paul chose to be a Christian after Ananias told him what to do 3 days later. Paul chose obedience.
3. Jonah tried to hide from God because of his disobedience (a choice). He prayed 3 days and nights while in the fish that "God prepared" which led him to repentance.That's a choice. After God noted his obedience the fish vomited him up.
Jonah was a prophet of God. Which means, among others things, direct communication from God, which doesn't happen today. God has seen to it that Jonah's story is written down in inspired scripture, as in something you and I need to learn from. Even after Nineveh repented, he was unhappy(a choice)

So now you have given nothing from the Bible that shows any contradiction of free will or anything else for that matter.
You know why I believe the Bible, do ya? If these are the examples of why you don't, you don't have anything imo.
And a good day to you.
P.S. Just wondering how you know God created the day if you don't believe the book that reveals that?

BrownFlush

Even Jesus have a problem with religion. He could hang around prostitutes and sinners but he had a problem with religious people.
He hung with sinners to lead them to repentance. Not because he approved with how they were living.
The "religious" people he had a problem with were the Pharisees. "Their hearts were far from God." Jesus did not have a problem with all "Pharisses" or "religious" people in the Bible because they were "religious". His instruction was that "these things you should do", when it came to "religion".

I just believe in a God that is way more powerful and more compassionate than I see the God of the Bible.
If the love of God, His eternal plan for the redemption of man, Jesus Christ and the cross, is not powerful or compassionate enough for you, not much else can be done.

Last edited:

Darmark7

1.Adam chose to eat it and disobey God's command not to eat the fruit. Eve "chose" to eat it first actually and talked Adam into disobeying God. He blamed her. "The woman you gave me....."
You either don't understand free will or don't agree with consequences of disobedience.
2. Paul was an Apostle. He was chosen by God to be a minister to the Gentiles. One of the qualifications of an Apostle is that they must have personally seen Jesus, This happened on the road to Damascus.
Paul chose to be a Christian after Ananias told him what to do 3 days later. Paul chose obedience.
3. Jonah tried to hide from God because of his disobedience (a choice). He prayed 3 days and nights while in the fish that "God prepared" which led him to repentance.That's a choice. After God noted his obedience the fish vomited him up.
Jonah was a prophet of God. Which means, among others things, direct communication from God, which doesn't happen today. God has seen to it that Jonah's story is written down in inspired scripture, as in something you and I need to learn from. Even after Nineveh repented, he was unhappy(a choice)

So now you have given nothing from the Bible that shows any contradiction of free will or anything else for that matter.
You know why I believe the Bible, do ya? If these are the examples of why you don't, you don't have anything imo.
And a good day to you.
P.S. Just wondering how you know God created the day if you don't believe the book that reveals that?

1. Adam and Eve never ate from the “Tree of Life” they ate from the tree of knowledge. So again why did God put them out of the garden and put Cherubs around the tree of life to protect it so that Adam couldn’t exercise his free will?
2. So Paul being an Apostle and Jonah being a prophet makes it ok with God to go to extreme circumstances to change their mind (free will) that sounds like “respecter of person to me”.
The reason I know God created a day is because the days are here and I believe in God so who else could have created it? I don’t believe all this just happened. I just don’t believe in the God the Bible explains. Why can’t Bible believers understand that just because someone doesn’t believe the Bible they can still believe in God?

Integrity

Binge Poster
Anytime you "feel" something always test it against Scripture the make sure it agrees with what God said.
If someone truly believes God spoke or said something to them then, I believe there is nothing worthy of comparing these direct and personal words of God to.

You tell me what is equivalent to a personal word or revelation from the God of the Universe.

Integrity

Binge Poster

So now I just gave you 3 examples in the Bible that Free will is BS, if you believe the Bible? Also what happened to the" no respecter of person for those 3 people? So everybody gets free will except those 3? There is another contradiction you wanted me to show you.

IMO You state your point of view very well. Nice post.

Integrity

Binge Poster

Earlier you asked if I was an atheist. No i am not. I just believe in a God that is way more powerful and more compassionate than I see the God of the Bible. I have explained before in many examples of why I believe the Bible is a man made book trying to explain a god. Civilizations have been doing this forever.

I just wanted to answer these question for you since you asked. I will not get into a conversation with you about this because it is a waste of time. This is just my belief. I respect yours and you can respect my view. Have a great weekend.
Well said and thank you.

You have a great weekend as well.

Darmark7

Well said and thank you.

You have a great weekend as well.
Thank you.
I might be wrong but I have no problem standing before him and saying that I thought of him more compassionate and powerful than the Bible stated.
Enjoy 😊 Integrity.

Integrity

Binge Poster

And a good day to you.
Are you saying it is a requirement to believe in the Bible to believe in things of and about God?