Religious question for discussion.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
If someone truly believes God spoke or said something to them then, I believe there is nothing worthy of comparing these direct and personal words of God to.

You tell me what is equivalent to a personal word or revelation from the God of the Universe.
The scriptures you reject teaches that "personal and direct revelation from God" ended 2000 years ago.
You may "feel" he speaks to you all day. God has not said one word to you directly or personally. He speaks to you like he does everybody else, through His Word.

The Bible teaches that direct revelation has ended. But, if you reject that, look around at all those who claim direct revelation.
Popes and Mormon Presidents receiving differing "revelations " about the same thing. God has changed his mind about blacks being in the priesthood (Mormon '67) and God has changed his mind about homosexuality. Sure thing. Who can believe it?

People like you believing and announcing they are receiving direct revelations and communication from God - that God is talking to them, do so much harm to the truth. People claiming God told them this or to do that. No wonder the world thinks "religious" people are nut jobs.
If the Bible is an all-sufficient, finished, once-delivered guide for man as it claims to be, there cannot be additional revelation to you or anyone else. If God is saying anything beyond the New Testament, then it is not sufficient and finished - God's revelation was given "once." The Bible is our all-sufficient guide.

BrownFlush

I just don’t believe in the God the Bible explains. Why can’t Bible believers understand that just because someone doesn’t believe the Bible they can still believe in God?
Choice.
Believe what you want. Free will.
Choice means a right choice or a wrong choice. Good consequence. Bad consequence.
Live it up.

Integrity

Binge Poster
The scriptures you reject teaches that "personal and direct revelation from God" ended 2000 years ago.
I do not reject scriptures I find them useful.
You may "feel" he speaks to you all day.
Believe not feel.
God has not said one word to you directly or personally.
God told you this? He tells me differently.
He speaks to you like he does everybody else, through His Word.
He speaks to me through His Spirit, the Holy Spirit.
The Bible teaches that direct revelation has ended. But, if you reject that, look around at all those who claim direct revelation.
Popes and Mormon Presidents receiving differing "revelations " about the same thing. God has changed his mind about blacks being in the priesthood (Mormon '67) and God has changed his mind about homosexuality. Sure thing. Who can believe it?

People like you believing and announcing they are receiving direct revelations and communication from God - that God is talking to them, do so much harm to the truth. People claiming God told them this or to do that. No wonder the world thinks "religious" people are nut jobs.
If the Bible is an all-sufficient, finished, once-delivered guide for man as it claims to be, there cannot be additional revelation to you or anyone else. If God is saying anything beyond the New Testament, then it is not sufficient and finished - God's revelation was given "once." The Bible is our all-sufficient guide.
I don’t know what tell you but my experience with God is refuting many of the claims you are making. Sorry.

BrownFlush

I do not reject scriptures I find them useful.

Believe not feel.

God told you this? He tells me differently.

He speaks to me through His Spirit, the Holy Spirit.

I don’t know what tell you but my experience with God is refuting many of the claims you are making. Sorry.
Spin.
Dance.
Play(maybe) dumb.
God's Holy Spirit has not said one word to you directly or personally. He speaks to you like he does everyone else, through His Word.
An Integrity thread.

Last edited:

BrownFlush

These are not my claims.
This is taught in God's Word that teach your claims are false.
What God's Word says or what you say..let's see..which one should I believe..which one?
Gonna have to go with God.
God, His Holy Spirit, Jesus, Satan, Hitler, Mick Jagger, Elvis, has not said one word to you personally or directly. And never will as long as you walk on this earth.

Integrity

Binge Poster
These are not my claims.
This is taught in God's Word that teach your claims are false.
What God's Word says or what you say..let's see..which one should I believe..which one?
Gonna have to go with God.
God, His Holy Spirit, Jesus, Satan, Hitler, Mick Jagger, Elvis, has not said one word to you personally or directly. And never will as long as you walk on this earth.
These claims about the claims that you make are not consistent with what I believe God has clearly spoken to me.

Who told you these claims you make?

I will go with God and not you.

BrownFlush

These claims about the claims that you making are not consistent with what I believe God has clearly spoken to me.

Who told you these claims you make?

I will go with God and not you.
So.
No one told me anything. I can read it and understand it, just like anyone else.
God’s Word (again, not me, you can read it), the inspired scripture, teaches your claims are false.
I can assure you, you’re not going with God if you continue to make claims that are clearly refuted in scripture.

Integrity

Binge Poster
So.
No one told me anything. I can read it and understand it, just like anyone else.
God’s Word (again, not me, you can read it), the inspired scripture, teaches your claims are false.
I can assure you, you’re not going with God if you continue to make claims that are clearly refuted in scripture.
No one told you anything?

Who told you you can read it and understand it, just like anyone else?
Someone had to tell you this , no?

Who told you that the Bible teaches my claims are false? God tells me differently.

Who tells you that you can assure me that I am not going with God if I continue to make claims that are clearly refuted in scripture? The Holy Spirit of God tells me you are mistaken about this.

BrownFlush

He must have changed His mind since he told an Apostle to write down something different than what you claim. Lol

Get it. The Bible refutes your claim. What you claim is false according to scripture.

Last edited:

Integrity

Binge Poster
He must have changed His mind since he told an Apostle to write down something different than what you claim. Lol
Maybe, maybe the Apostles imperfections came through in some of His writing, maybe he misunderstood, miscommunicated or maybe the Apostle was simply wrong.

I don’t believe God dictated the Bible.

BrownFlush

Who told you that the Bible supports your claims about the claims you claim? Yourself?
The plain teaching of scripture.

Have you noticed you haven’t asked where the passages are that teach what we are discussing?
I guess seeing what God actually says about it doesn’t interest you.

BrownFlush

Maybe, maybe the Apostles imperfections came through in some of His writing, maybe he misunderstood, miscommunicated or maybe the Apostle was simply wrong.

I don’t believe God dictated the Bible.
Of course you don’t.
Yes. The Apostles got it wrong. That’s why God talks to you. They messed up. Lol
God dictates his will to you directly and personally.smh
Again, it’s no wonder people think those who claim to be Christians are nut jobs.

Integrity

Binge Poster
The plain teaching of scripture.
So you told yourself that the plain teaching of scripture is what tells you that the plain teaching of scripture supports all your claims, that you claim are not your claims but the claims of scripture. I don’t think simply telling yourself is the way to go but you do what you want.

I’ll continue to listen to and for the God of the Universe’s voice.
Have you noticed you haven’t asked where the passages are that teach what we are discussing?
Don’t need to.
I guess seeing what God actually says about it doesn’t interest you.
Hearing what God says always interests me.

BrownFlush

So you told yourself that the plain teaching of scripture is what tells you that the plain teaching of scripture supports all your claims, that you claim are not your claims but the claims of scripture. I don’t think simply telling yourself is the way to go but you do what you want.

I’ll continue to listen to and for the God of the Universe’s voice.

Don’t need to.

Hearing what God says always interests me.
You’re a walking and talking contradiction.

Like I said to @Darmark7 , if we can’t discuss an issue using the Bible as the authoritative standard and appeal to it for the answer God wants, I’m out.
Anyone can say and claim anything, like you have. People do it all the time. But, like many, what you claim is not supported by God’s Word at all. But, since you say God didn’t dictate the Bible and the Apostles got it wrong, there can be no discussion.
According to you , just “really and truly believe “ and it will be so.

Next time you and God have a conversation, please post it. It will be good entertainment on a slow night on the BC.

Last edited:

Integrity

Binge Poster
Of course you don’t.
Do you believe God actually dictated the Bible?
Yes. The Apostles got it wrong.
They were not perfect. I definitely don’t believe they got it all wrong, but they probably made some mistakes and said some things they shouldn’t have.
That’s why God talks to you. They messed up. Lol
God dictates his will to you directly and personally.smh
Again, it’s no wonder people think those who claim to be Christians are nut jobs.
Yeah, I get it.

BrownFlush

Do you believe God actually dictated the Bible?

They were not perfect. I definitely don’t believe they got it all wrong, but they probably made some mistakes and said some things they shouldn’t have.

Yeah, I get it.

Like I said to @Darmark7 , if we can’t discuss an issue using the Bible as the authoritative standard and appeal to it for the answer God wants, I’m out.

can say and claim anything, like you have. People do it all the time. But, like many, what you claim is not supported by God’s Word at all. But, since you say God didn’t dictate the Bible and the Apostles got it wrong, there can be no discussion.
According to you , just “really and truly believe “ and it will be so.
And no. You don’t get it.

Last edited: