Requesting help from experienced UPS folks

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this is posted in the wrong subforum, please have it moved to the correct one. Thank you.

I don't work for UPS but have been using UPS for a while now and have an issue I would appreciate help with.

My place has a daily pickup and (usually) the same guy picks up who is very experienced and is very thorough in checking if every box is ready to go out. One day he was off and another UPS driver, who has never picked up packages from us before, took a box without a UPS label on it. It was quite a large box (37 inches x 24 inches x 15 inches) or something around that size and maybe 50 pounds. I noticed what happened and called UPS the next day asking for the package to be returned. They said it wouldn't be a problem and that they would call the local UPS facility that handles our area and have it shipped back the next workday. This was three weeks ago.

In the meanwhile, we have been speaking to UPS customer service who have basically stated it is not in their overgoods department which, from my understanding, means it's lost in the void of lost packages.

The item inside the box is very important to someone and it would be great to get it back but I'm realistic in realizing that it may never be returned.

Do you guys have any tips as to what further action I can take to increase my chances of finding this package?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
IMG_0544.JPG

How do you know the ups guy took it?

Before the UPS guy came, the package was there; after he left, it was gone.

I'm sure there's a chance that an uninvited individual nabbed the package right after the UPS driver left, but it's unlikely.

Thanks for taking my inquiry seriously :p

upschuck

I'm sure there's a chance that an uninvited individual nabbed the package right after the UPS driver left, but it's unlikely.

I just don't see a driver picking up that large a box with no supporting documentation. Especially if you've already contacted overgoods

Last edited:
I just don't see a driver picking up that large a box with no supporting documentation. Especially if you've already contacted overcooked.

The box was where we usually keep our outgoing UPS, but I was pretty sure the UPS driver wouldn't take it, because as you said, it didn't have any supporting documentation on the outside of the package.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge

you sure it didnt get to where itcneeded to be

over9five

Staff member
With no label, it wouldn't have gone any further than the origin buildings overgoods dept. Why isn't it there?
Have you questioned your employees?
I'm still unsure why you're blaming the UPS guy.

With no label, it wouldn't have gone any further than the origin buildings overgoods dept. Why isn't it there?
Have you questioned your employees?
I'm still unsure why you're blaming the UPS guy.

If it appears as though I'm blaming the UPS guy, I made a mistake in my wording. I'm not blaming anyone here; I just am looking for help in finding this box.

Someone else packed the box but he held off on attaching the label since the customer didn't want it to be shipped on that day. No other employee could have tampered with the box.

542thruNthru

The box was where we usually keep our outgoing UPS, but I was pretty sure the UPS driver wouldn't take it, because as you said, it didn't have any supporting documentation on the outside of the package.

Well I hate to say this but what did we learn today? Don't put boxes in the out pile that are not going out.

Status
Not open for further replies.