Requesting help from experienced UPS folks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
sayonara-baby.png
sayonara-baby.png
sayonara-baby.png
If this is posted in the wrong subforum, please have it moved to the correct one. Thank you.

I don't work for UPS but have been using UPS for a while now and have an issue I would appreciate help with.

My place has a daily pickup and (usually) the same guy picks up who is very experienced and is very thorough in checking if every box is ready to go out. One day he was off and another UPS driver, who has never picked up packages from us before, took a box without a UPS label on it. It was quite a large box (37 inches x 24 inches x 15 inches) or something around that size and maybe 50 pounds. I noticed what happened and called UPS the next day asking for the package to be returned. They said it wouldn't be a problem and that they would call the local UPS facility that handles our area and have it shipped back the next workday. This was three weeks ago.

In the meanwhile, we have been speaking to UPS customer service who have basically stated it is not in their overgoods department which, from my understanding, means it's lost in the void of lost packages.

The item inside the box is very important to someone and it would be great to get it back but I'm realistic in realizing that it may never be returned.

Do you guys have any tips as to what further action I can take to increase my chances of finding this package?
Lost, goodbye, sayonara!

No tip for big boy this Xmas I bet?

542thruNthru

I make sure that each and every package that I pickup not only has a label but that the label is one of ours.

Yes, I pickup a UPS Store, and, yes, I check each and every package as I load them.

I have lost count of how many non-UPS packages I have handed back to them over the years.

Our guy did not do his job correctly and now this customer is in a bind.

It sounds like to me that the customer and the driver didn't do their job correctly.

I know one thing though. Nothing will happen to the driver. The most that will happen is the center manager will say. "Did you take a package from the UPS store that didn't have a label on it?" Driver: "no I don't think so. I just grabbed the packages they had stacked and ready to go." Conversation over.

We had a guy take a 60in TV that didn't have a label. Absolutely nothing happen to him.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
Oh your box is never coming back...but on a good note, Alabama football starts soon!

Last edited by a moderator:

clean hairy

Important lesson here.
1) MAke sure every box has a label on it.
2) Be sure
Antique furniture
What Antique furniture would fit in a box around 3 feet x 2 feet x and just over a foot?
It would have to smaller than the box dimensions to be packed with proper cushioning.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Important lesson here.
2) Be sure

What Antique furniture would fit in a box around 3 feet x 2 feet x and just over a foot?
It would have to smaller than the box dimensions to be packed with proper cushioning.
It was an antique mouth organ ...
... now you're interested!
I know TurdBoy is now!

Last edited:

LeadBelly

Banned
Well thanks for being diligent. Our regular UPS pickup driver is very good and reliable but I think the UPS driver that picked up this package was both new to the job and to the area, but I can't say we didn't make our fair share of mistakes with this package. I just wonder where it could be at this point.
Missouri has a big overgoods building. They have a big sale once or twice a year.

wayfair

swollen member
Important lesson here.
2) Be sure

a bong from the 70's??

Status
Not open for further replies.