Requesting help from experienced UPS folks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
If it appears as though I'm blaming the UPS guy, I made a mistake in my wording. I'm not blaming anyone here; I just am looking for help in finding this box.

Someone else packed the box but he held off on attaching the label since the customer didn't want it to be shipped on that day. No other employee could have tampered with the box.
Yep, UPS store owner

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Well I hate to say this but what did we learn today? Don't put boxes in the out pile that are not going out.
It happens all the time at my UPS store. They get labels mixed up, fail to put them on while the customer is there because there's a line out the door, actually pack the label inside the box without thinking, I've seen it all.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Sounds like a custom box job the employees waited to gave him a quote on, never printing the label until the customer agreed he'd also agree to the shipping price after the packaging dimensions and weight were final. Holding the package in the back without the label is asking for problems.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Well I hate to say this but what did we learn today? Don't put boxes in the out pile that are not going out.

I make sure that each and every package that I pickup not only has a label but that the label is one of ours.

Yes, I pickup a UPS Store, and, yes, I check each and every package as I load them.

I have lost count of how many non-UPS packages I have handed back to them over the years.

Our guy did not do his job correctly and now this customer is in a bind.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I make sure that each and every package that I pickup not only has a label but that the label is one of ours.

Yes, I pickup a UPS Store, and, yes, I check each and every package as I load them.

I have lost count of how many non-UPS packages I have handed back to them over the years.

Curious as to how many packages you pick up daily? I used to have a store that would ship out over 150 daily during non peak times. I didn't check every single package, that's the employees placing it back there job. I did however look at packages I was grabbing, not doing a 6 sided check though.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Curious as to how many packages you pick up daily? I used to have a store that would ship out over 150 daily during non peak times. I didn't check every single package, that's the employees placing it back there job. I did however look at packages I was grabbing, not doing a 6 sided check though.

Average 80-100 outside of Peak, 150 or so on Mondays.

I'm a fast reader.

Well thanks for being diligent. Our regular UPS pickup driver is very good and reliable but I think the UPS driver that picked up this package was both new to the job and to the area, but I can't say we didn't make our fair share of mistakes with this package. I just wonder where it could be at this point.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Well thanks for being diligent. Our regular UPS pickup driver is very good and reliable but I think the UPS driver that picked up this package was both new to the job and to the area, but I can't say we didn't make our fair share of mistakes with this package. I just wonder where it could be at this point.

E-bay?

Duckwithapipboy

We have the problem in reserve at my store. I've lost count as to how many NDA packages a customer has thrown in our USPS drop because they were too impatient to wait for two people in line, or too stupid to read "US Mail Only."

Two days later they call to demand compensation.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
We have the problem in reserve at my store. I've lost count as to how many NDA packages a customer has thrown in our USPS drop because they were too impatient to wait for two people in line, or too stupid to read "US Mail Only."

Two days later they call to demand compensation.
All the different stores I've picked up over the years have the drop box behind the counter.

Status
Not open for further replies.