Safety Recognition or disincentive to report injuries?

Integrity

Binge Poster
To My Fellow UPS Workers,

The purpose of this discussion thread is not to gripe or complain about conditions at UPS, management, the Union or for that matter anything at all about UPS. The sole purpose of this discussion thread is to discuss the following work-related issue with other employees as an initial step in engaging in some concerted activity to bring this issue up to the company as a group.

It is my hope that by addressing this issue in concert we not only be working for our own mutual aid, protection and improved working conditions, but we will be working for the benefit of any and all coworkers that may have been adversely affected by this issue.

Do you think the safety recognition at UPS is for legitimately recognizing safe workers or to merely act as a disincentive to report injuries?

Sincerely,
I

oldngray

nowhere special
20130619-230745.jpg

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
No awards around these parts, so why not report anything?

I wonder if the loss of awards has resulted in higher reporting numbers?

Integrity

Binge Poster
what an idiot
ChickenLegs,

I am familiar with the Circle of Honor.

Just not Circle of Honor, idiot?

Very unkind, and very unproductive to discussion.

The Circle of Honor doesn't measure the behaviors of those on it.

It is a poor example of safety recognition.

Sincerely,
I

ChickenLegs

Safety Expert
No, I think the use of idiot is valid. Even on official company documents, it sometimes uses tha acroynm Circle of Honor.

Someone with 20 years in should know this.

Last edited:
To My Fellow UPS Workers,

The purpose of this discussion thread is not to gripe or complain about conditions at UPS, management, the Union or for that matter anything at all about UPS. The sole purpose of this discussion thread is to discuss the following work-related issue with other employees as an initial step in engaging in some concerted activity to bring this issue up to the company as a group.

It is my hope that by addressing this issue in concert we not only be working for our own mutual aid, protection and improved working conditions, but we will be working for the benefit of any and all coworkers that may have been adversely affected by this issue.

Do you think the safety recognition at UPS is for legitimately recognizing safe workers or to merely act as a disincentive to report injuries?

Sincerely,
I
what do you mean?

Integrity

Binge Poster
No, I think the use of idiot is valid. Even on official company documents, it sometimes uses tha acroynm Circle of Honor.

Someone with 20 years in should know this.
ChickenLegs,

I hardly think that you will find anyone, even one as obtuse as I, referred to as an idiot in official company documents.

It also is arguably a violation of the BC TOS.

Sincerely,
I

wayfair

swollen member
I can't remember our last safety cookout... 2010, we got Nathan Hot Dogs cooked for Xmas..
since then, I believe we get Wendy's Chili... oh boy