Safety Recognition or disincentive to report injuries?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Nope. 30/60/90 is one of the basics of any safety committee and if you don't know that then I have to question your ability to post with any kind of Integrity on other similar topics.

JackStraw

Just received my "Circle of Honor" (I too had no idea what this acronym was. At first thought it was a chemical abbreviation) award. Got a leather jacket with the UPS logo on it. The jacket is black and the logo is black also so you can barely see it. Presented it to me in front of the whole building. Felt quite special. I then proceeded to work 11 hours.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
No room for.that here...they'd have to wait till after the drivers leave to do that.
When they BBQ here they do it late in the day and its ready when we get in later. If they make grub in the am its always breakfast sandwiches. Which is probably a better idea how they do it here. I don't want to eat dinner when we get to work in the morning. Most drivers would probably want breakfast in the morning when they get there. Shows you how dumb them supes are where your at lmfao.

wayfair

swollen member
Our preload gets cookouts a lot... mostly hot dogs and they are on fridays..

so the smell of bbq hot dogs and onions really fouls my appetite in the moring

Integrity

Binge Poster
Nope. 30/60/90 is one of the basics of any safety committee and if you don't know that then I have to question your ability to post with any kind of Integrity on other similar topics.
You can question all you want.

I have served many hours on Safety Committees in the past.

I have handled many safety topics, concerns, issues.

I have never heard of 30/60/90 until you brought it up.

Please be so kind to enlighten me as to the meaning.

Sincerely,
I

Returntosender

Totally off topic here is another one you might not know about. The 3-6-3 rule describes how bankers would give 3% interest on depositors' accounts, lend the depositors money at 6% interest and then be playing golf at 3.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

30/60/90 refers to the number of days with an injury or accident. 30 days we would get bagels and doughnuts. 60 days we would get pizza. 90 days we would get a cookout.

With 14 accidents and numerous injuries to date we have gone hungry.

upschuck

30/60/90 refers to the number of days with an injury or accident. 30 days we would get bagels and doughnuts. 60 days we would get pizza. 90 days we would get a cookout.

With 14 accidents and numerous injuries to date we have gone hungry.
This must be a New York thing, because I never heard of this either. We go long periods without injuries/accidents, and rarely have a cookout, and can't ever remember having pizza, and bagels were last here on Christmas Eve.

ChickenLegs

Safety Expert
If you work in a big center/hub you're more likely to recieve some type of reward.

They take the number of employees and multiply it by the # of actual safe work days. So every 90 days that could equal 50,000 injury free safe work days. It's a big deal to corporate and they will visit your building and congratulate the employees and those running the show if certain numbers are met.