Safety Recognition or disincentive to report injuries?

upschuck

There are some people I know that report hangnails. Don't know what they do with those, but they report them.

Last edited:

Integrity

Binge Poster
There are some people know that report hangnails. Don't know what they do with those, but they report them.
upschuck,

I would not recommend reporting hang nails, but small cuts to the hands that happen on the job should always be reported.

Sincerely,
I

degill7994

We haven't had safety recognition for years. No cookouts, doughnuts, coffee, nothing. We are still waiting on the food we were promised for founder's day.

upschuck

upschuck,

I would not recommend reporting hang nails, but small cuts to the hands that happen on the job should always be reported.

Sincerely,
I
Don't know why he does it, possibly because he had injury, thought it was minor, then needed attention a few days later, and got harassed about if it really happened on clock(conjecture), but he does. I doubt sups do anything with the reported injury.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Don't know why he does it, possibly because he had injury, thought it was minor, then needed attention a few days later, and got harassed about if it really happened on clock(conjecture), but he does. I doubt sups do anything with the reported injury.
upschuck,

When you say hang nail are you really referring to small cuts to the hand that happen on the job?

Sincerely,
I

Future

Victory Ride
To answer OP ?.....I have always given this ? thought....I feel it is a tool for disincentive not to report injuries. Christ we get messages daily " Day number (whatever) with out a injury or accident ........its all part of there game to have employees not report injuries

Integrity

Binge Poster
We haven't had safety recognition for years. No cookouts, doughnuts, coffee, nothing. We are still waiting on the food we were promised for founder's day.
degill7994,

When you had them were these types of recognition based upon 0 reported accidents and injuries?

Sincerely,
I

Future

Victory Ride
Future,

What do you mean "allegedly"?

What did the injury report say?

Sincerely,
I
I did not read the injury report, but that was the story he gave to mgt.....i think he might have done something else to break finger.. unsafe work method...but found it easier to say he did it that way!

Integrity

Binge Poster
To answer OP ?.....I have always given this ? thought....I feel it is a tool for disincentive not to report injuries. Christ we get messages daily " Day number (whatever) with out a injury or accident ........its all part of there game to have employees not report injuries
Future,

I appreciate your post.

Thanks your participation.

I ask that you read the following link and let me know what you think.

https://www.osha.gov/as/opa/whistleblowermemo.html

Sincerely,
I

Integrity

Binge Poster
I did not read the injury report, but that was the story he gave to mgt.....i think he might have done something else to break finger.. unsafe work method...but found it easier to say he did it that way!
Future,

What made you think that?

Sincerely,
I

Future

Victory Ride
In summary i have noticed a huge reduction of injuries on the job reported and many of these fools have chose the option to go the disability route instead of a comp claim .....for the shear reason of harassment from the company......very sad state of affairs going on!

Future

Victory Ride
Future,

What made you think that?

Sincerely,
I
I believe he was covering his ass, by giving a false account of how he did it so he would have less harassment by mgt for working unsafe. Come on how do you really break a finger knocking on a door?

Integrity

Binge Poster
I believe he was covering his ass, by giving a false account of how he did it so he would have less harassment by mgt for working unsafe. Come on how do you really break a finger knocking on a door?
Future,

I believe it is possible under just the right unfortunate circumstances.

You may be right but we all must be careful with our words. When "allegedly" is attached to an injury report discussion what is being said here without actually stating it is that you don't believe the report and suspect the injured party may be lying.

That is no way to treat the injured.

If anyone suspects fraud in this manner they should take the injury report as given and then report their suspicion to the proper company authority to investigate this further.

The injured party must be treated as the report is truthful until evidence that it is not is presented.

I have seen Union Brothers wrongfully cast suspicion on their fallen brethren by some careless stated words such as "allegedly"

Sincerely,
I

Integrity

Binge Poster
I briefed the link you sent...and understand it fully, but UPS has many ways of "harassment" with out it being defined as such!
Future,

Did you read it carefully?

Did you notice any familiarity with what you have experienced or do experience at UPS?

Can you name some of the ways that UPS has of harassing without it being defined as such that you speak about?

Privately if you are uncomfortable putting it here.

Sincerely,
I