JackStraw

My on car was a 30 day wonder. We were on a safety ride. I said to her, "Aren't you bored? You wanna take the reins for a few stops? C'mon, you can show me how it's done" She declined

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
If they touch a box grieve it.
Don't talk while driving. The 5 and 10 and DOK will only be performed while park in hard to hit area with mirrors folded in and flashers on. Reciting any of that is an in cab distraction.

rod

Retired 22 years
Expect to be written up for a few things. They ALWAYS find something wrong-- they get in trouble if they don't--its their job. I guarantee you that you probably won't check your mirrors enough-won't use your horn enough and probably need a haircut.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Expect to be written up for a few things. They ALWAYS find something wrong-- they get in trouble if they don't--its their job. I guarantee you that you probably won't check your mirrors enough-won't use your horn enough and probably need a haircut.
They have a minimum requirement

IESucks

Im going to run orion the way it is and not deviate from it. If thay got a problem with that o well.
Knowingly attempting business deliveries after 5 is against the work as directed rules regardless of what Orion says.. Don't be stupid. We all know Orion is ridiculous but that isn't a mature excuse and it could get you fired . So tired of whiny young drivers. You will have to recite all safety rules and show compliance by using them. Don't make it harder than it is.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
Thats whats going to get me being on that diad and not remembering the next 5 stops. I can do 2 or 3 but 5 I'll start getting the numbers mixed up and what not which results me in picking up that diad.

Lol when I did my safety ride my ORS read stop by stop instructions for the entire route, as if I didn't know where I was going. It was great being able to turn my brain off for the day. I did my 5 and 10 while we were stuck in traffic although I bombed my 8 keys of lifting and lowering and yard control rules. He told me he didn't care since I was the only driver under 40 years old who could recite the 5 and 10 "like a tobacco auctioneer".

Also, 3 points of contact. That seems to be the current obsession at least among my management team.

Oh yeah, and the driver drill. Can't forget the biggest in-cab distraction that UPS has come up with. And they say that a GPS would be a distraction...

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
If they touch a box grieve it.
Don't talk while driving. The 5 and 10 and DOK will only be performed while park in hard to hit area with mirrors folded in and flashers on. Reciting any of that is an in cab distraction.

I never tuck in my mirror. Not sticking my hand out side the truck. EVER! So, I expect that in my write up. I also don't do the DOK till I return to the building. While on OT. otherwise free lunch and a on car who never had to walk that much in their life. Half way thru the day. They get out and stand by the truck. To watch me walk to the door. When they realize how long of a day it will be. With their tailored load the computer thinks is an 8 hr day.

DriverNerd

Do a proper pre trip - check your oil level, washer fluid, wiper and washer jets, and tires. Unless you feel a need to, don't talk to the supervisor riding with you unless it is work related - let them sit there in quiet all day. As others have said before, pull over if asked to answer anything that requires focus. You should already know your 5 and 10, but brush up on them beforehand. Run your route like normal, but don't check your DIAD too much (you'll be fine if you can remember a few stops at a time; five is best, but you'll be fine if you can remember three) and use your horn more (all parking lots and at every resi stop). Fold in your mirror more often than you normally do. (Maybe you do some of these things already as much as you should, if that is the case, disregard)

Completely bomb your driver drill. I do on purpose every time. You can't possibly point out everything you see as well as actually respond and concentrate on those same things. I just focus on driving and throw out a couple things here and there. They will get you for doing a couple things badly. Don't agree but don't argue, just know they have to come up with something. Don't let the supervisor help you. No touching boxes, no holding open doors, nothing in terms of progressing a package. If they get in your way, politely ask them to move. Pretty much just pretend they're not there.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Do a proper pre trip - check your oil level, washer fluid, wiper and washer jets, and tires. Unless you feel a need to, don't talk to the supervisor riding with you unless it is work related - let them sit there in quiet all day. As others have said before, pull over if asked to answer anything that requires focus. You should already know your 5 and 10, but brush up on them beforehand. Run your route like normal, but don't check your DIAD too much (you'll be fine if you can remember a few stops at a time; five is best, but you'll be fine if you can remember three) and use your horn more (all parking lots and at every resi stop). Fold in your mirror more often than you normally do. (Maybe you do some of these things already as much as you should, if that is the case, disregard)

Completely bomb your driver drill. I do on purpose every time. You can't possibly point out everything you see as well as actually respond and concentrate on those same things. I just focus on driving and throw out a couple things here and there. They will get you for doing a couple things badly. Don't agree but don't argue, just know they have to come up with something. Don't let the supervisor help you. No touching boxes, no holding open doors, nothing in terms of progressing a package. If they get in your way, politely ask them to move. Pretty much just pretend they're not there.
No need to do all that unless you really hate the sup. They are usually pretty cool just doing there job like us. Unless the guy is a d* then yes I would agree. Otherwise I would say enjoy the company and try to make it enjoyable for the both of you. Lots of these guys hate this place more than us and are just here for the paycheck.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
It is sort of a joke they still do a yearly ride along. An ojs is the same thing. Pretend there is an on car in the truck everyday. Cause they can see everything. Get in a set routine. The methods make you money. Orion makes you even more. Lunch in 3rd to 5 hr. Is your best dispatch tool against the planned day. Cause it blows it out of the water.