Sent Home For Being 1 Min Late; drama follows...

herbigharo32

What's the purpose of writing down a tracking number? Seems like a waste of your time.
I write down the tracking number because it is physically impossible to obtain it unless you were actually at the hub. This tracking number does not prove that I handled the package per se. The information does indicate it went through my hub that morning (See 1Z 970 57E 35 0128 2049). This way, should I get a warning letter for a future "No Call", the discipline will get thrown out due to being able to prove that I was logged as NCNS rather than LATE. Also, since this type of discipline is not being uniformly applied, I get the 3hr pay + penalty. I wait until 3 incidences of this to take place before filing a grievance. It's like a free paycheck with an omelet at IHOP to boot!!

Staydryitsraining

Start time was 3:30, I clocked in at 3:29 and got to my station at 3:32. The guy in charge of preload saw me and told me "You get here to do your job at 3:30. This is the last day this will happen."
Guess who shows up at 3 oclock now.... Lol.
You can be clocked in before or at start time but have to be at your work area at that time also, if not you better have a story to explain.