Sent Home For Being 1 Min Late; drama follows...

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
So I got sent home for being 1 min late. I just wrote down a tracking number to prove that I reported in then went to IHop instead of home. I just had to send a picture of that Colorado Omelete and pancakes to the supervisor who cut me...LOL. Before leaving, I put myself down for an option day on Saturday to help a family member out with personal matters. She texted back I was out of option days. Checked my stub and there seems to be plenty to cover that call out. I'm under a stark impression that she was upset that sending me home turned into a bountiful breakfast with pancakes at 4:30 in the morning ;-)

Yo...one of you is reading this now. You know who I am when this is mentioned while up on Dbag on Tuesday!! Happy Trollin' !!
giphy.gif

UnconTROLLed

perfection
You were sent home because they were overstaffed, more than because you were late. If they were bare bones or understaffed, you would not be sent home.

rod

Retired 22 years
When I first started I screwed up and over slept one morning. A note was put in my file that said "Rod was late by 12 minutes (or something like that) and I explained to him the importance of being on time" . "He said it wouldn't happen again". (I was a good BS'er even back then). Fast forward 20 plus years and I'm going through my file one evening and that note is still there. I bet it was still there the day I retired. In fact I bet it still in some file even today.

SolidWoodPanel

Probably the Greatest American Alive
So I got sent home for being 1 min late. I just wrote down a tracking number to prove that I reported in then went to IHop instead of home. I just had to send a picture of that Colorado Omelete and pancakes to the supervisor who cut me...LOL. Before leaving, I put myself down for an option day on Saturday to help a family member out with personal matters. She texted back I was out of option days. Checked my stub and there seems to be plenty to cover that call out. I'm under a stark impression that she was upset that sending me home turned into a bountiful breakfast with pancakes at 4:30 in the morning ;-)

Yo...one of you is reading this now. You know who I am when this is mentioned while up on Dbag on Tuesday!! Happy Trollin' !!
You shouldn't have been late. But really, you shouldn't have sent a picture of your weak breakfast. I'd have tried to can your candy arse right then and there. Why not go home and make some thick bacon strips, sunnyside eggs, and scrapple. *******

Last edited by a moderator:

Turdferguson

Just a turd
When I first started I screwed up and over slept one morning. A note was put in my file that said "Rod was late by 12 minutes (or something like that) and I explained to him the importance of being on time" . "He said it wouldn't happen again". (I was a good BS'er even back then). Fast forward 20 plus years and I'm going through my file one evening and that note is still there. I bet it was still there the day I retired. In fact I bet it still in some file even today.

That's because those notes chiseled in rock last longer than the new fangled paper ones of today.

tacken

It just goes to show you the power. That this Sup has. Thanks for the day off and letting me enjoy breakfast you showed him!

Daf

Start time was 3:30, I clocked in at 3:29 and got to my station at 3:32. The guy in charge of preload saw me and told me "You get here to do your job at 3:30. This is the last day this will happen."
Guess who shows up at 3 oclock now.... Lol.
If you punched in on time, you were on time. If they want you in your station then they should have a time clock in your station.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Here supervisors will mark you for attendance on their clipboard as you walk in. Many people punch right on time (ie .01 or 0.02 ticks late) every day, and I have done the same a handful of times, I only have one recorded late occurrence though from the get-go.
It would be an easy-win greviance here for a late minute because "there was a line in front of the clock-in computer and I had to wait my turn"
This is largely why they mark attendance manually I suppose.

tacken

Always take notes. I have 3 note books full of notes. Whenever they want to talk its date time who was there and topic of conversation. They hate that when I get my notes out.