Signing a warning ltr, what do you think?

OVERBOARD

Don't believe everything you think
Tomorrow I'm receiving a warning ltr based on at risk behavior my sup said he saw on a ORO, I'm going to file a grievance, I was wondering what BCers think instead of writing RTS on the warning ltr, I write
"I disagree with the above accusations and don’t believe I warrant a warning letter" what do you think?

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Tomorrow I'm receiving a warning ltr based on at risk behavior my sup said he saw on a ORO, I'm going to file a grievance, I was wondering what BCers think instead of writing RTS on the warning ltr, I write
"I disagree with the above accusations and don’t believe I warrant a warning letter" what do you think?
Don't sign anything! The purpose of an ORO is so that your supe can "tell" you what he saw and ask you to correct that behavior. Just print this post out and take it into the office with you. Tell em STUG said so.

freecarry88

It does not matter at all if you sign the letter or not. The "DO NOT SIGN ANYTHING EVER UNLESS IT IS A LEGAL NECESSITY" is only to prove that you can't be made to sign it. I have actually seen this anger management and vice versa..good stuff. However, I would not let you write a dissertation on the letter though; it just looks messy.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Admit nothing, deny everything, and bombard them with counter-accusations.

Seriously, however, do not sign the letter.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Never sign a warning letter. Do file a letter of protest as soon as you are given your warning letter. Also do make an effort to change whatever behavior got you the warning letter. This should be their only goal anyway. Any other reason is inappropriate.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Did the supervisor in question approach you and discuss the at risk behavior during the ORO or OAO? If he did, and if you acknowledged that the behavior cited was at risk and you said that you would work to correct that behavior, I would think that the letter should be thrown out and replaced with a verbal warning. I assume that you will be meeting with your center manager this morning. Make sure you bring your steward to this meeting. Acknowledge the at risk behavior, promise to work on it, and then ask if the letter can be replaced with a verbal warning or perhaps completely thrown out. If the letter sticks I would write a letter of protest to be placed in your file. Do not write on the warning letter. Signing or not signing does not make a difference.

OVERBOARD

Yes the sup approach me with his finding , did not look left, right, left, he said that i once did not use my turn signal and once I did not have a pkg in my power zone. New UPS a warning ltr for everything

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yes the sup approach me with his finding , did not look left, right, left, he said that i once did not use my turn signal and once I did not have a pkg in my power zone. New UPS a warning ltr for everything

All of those at risk behaviors can be corrected and in IMO a verbal warning should suffice.

705red

Browncafe Steward
All of those at risk behaviors can be corrected and in IMO a verbal warning should suffice.
So you believe that an employee should be progressively disciplined for methods? Last time I checked there are 340 methods, so everytime a driver does not use 1 of these he should be stepped up to the next step?

How many drivers do you know that have received a 100% on every ORO? I will tell you my answer is ZERO.

I would RTS the write up and grieve it immediately. Its the sups job to insure they find us doing something wrong, otherwise there is no use for them.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
So are the shop stewards (teamsters) on this forum - asking management to turn a blind eye to safety and just let the guy go, oh the shame! So the next time the guy gets t-boned at a intersection who will you blame? MANAGEMENT period.

705red

Browncafe Steward
So are the shop stewards (teamsters) on this forum - asking management to turn a blind eye to safety and just let the guy go, oh the shame! So the next time the guy gets t-boned at a intersection who will you blame? MANAGEMENT period.

How much do you want to bet that Overboard is not a big bonus driver? Accidents are part of the business, and while we do not try to get in to them they will happen, the same as late air will happen.

Old International

Now driving a Sterling
Sounds pretty petty to me. The sup must be hunting for something. Hell, I have done worse, and it was written up on the OJS,which I signed, and all was forgotten.

Every annual ride we have here sups are instructed to find 8 - 10 things wrong,regardless. So does that warrant a verbal warning? Or progression to written? The funny part is they`ll say "you didn`t do this,didn`t do that" yet when we swap seats and its my turn to point out errors suddenly my critic can`t drive their way out of a paper bag.

OVERBOARD

There is no bonus system here, but I do take my lunch, this is happening to everyone with under 20 yrs seniority at my center, 22 warning ltrs issue in the last two weeks, I don’t blame my sup he is only working as direct by the a---hole DM, Who as instructed the sups to issue all these warning ltrs. I cant wait until April 5 I hope send him to Antarctica, he as a serious napoleon syndrome.

CRASH501

no not turn a blind eye , these observations are to help you to work safely , aknowledge the infraction and help the driver to correct his wrong doings ! why warrant a warning letter for petty things , whats next a warning letter for appearance becase your uniform has a slight tear in the crotch ........lol easy answer go back to quality uniforms not chineeses made garbage . DUDE grieve the warning letter and let the local handle the situation , ups is a strange new world