Slow Peak

Johney

They are delivering a lot of the Target and Kohls packages we were delivering last year.

I believe those 2 shippers account for most of the loss from last year.

Just keep hiking the cost of a stamp, so the government can continue to undercut our rates to ship a box.
Not here. Last several peaks we were doing a CPU pick-up from only 1 Target, this year we are doing 3.

RetiredIE

Retirement is VASTLY underrated
Volume diverted due to strike concerns.
Increased hub and center capacity
Higher number of routes
Increased competitive pressure (Amazon, etc.)
Magic Zulu curse

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Crazy thought, but I also found that most “sales” this holiday season were not really saving much money. With the economy strong and confidence high, most retailers didn’t need to undercut prices too much. Maybe people shopped less for themselves and more just for their gift giving obligations?

oldngray

nowhere special
Crazy thought, but I also found that most “sales” this holiday season were not really saving much money. With the economy strong and confidence high, most retailers didn’t need to undercut prices too much. Maybe people shopped less for themselves and more just for their gift giving obligations?
The Black Friday "sales" were even more of a joke than usual.

Chnandler Bong

But they shoudn't be. A government entity should not be in the business of delivering packages. The government's role is to GOVERN. Not compete with businesses.

And they definitely should not be able to do so while operating at a loss. At the very least, they should have to set their rates high enough to at least break even. (But I would still argue that they have a monopoly on mail/letters...they shouldn’t be in the package business at all).

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Jqyqo9.gif

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!

Black Friday set an online sales record this year.

Black Friday Breaks Records With $6.2 Billion in Online Sales

So did Cyber Monday.

Cyber Monday breaks US records with $7.9 billion in online sales

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck

Overpaid Union Thug

Black Friday set an online sales record this year.

Black Friday Breaks Records With $6.2 Billion in Online Sales

The majority of which were shipped via a government entity that's hemorahimh

So did Cyber Monday.

Cyber Monday breaks US records with $7.9 billion in online sales
They are delivering a lot of the Target and Kohls packages we were delivering last year.

I believe those 2 shippers account for most of the loss from last year.

Just keep hiking the cost of a stamp, so the government can continue to undercut our rates to ship a box.

The government should not even be a factor. Their role is to GOVERN. Not compete with those they govern. And Amazon is getting a little too big.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Edit- we were busy that week! Now we’re not, proving people shopped less overall.

Not necessarily.

Maybe people just shopped for smaller items, delivered through the USPS, instead of larger items that we ship.

Smart plugs, echo, Fitbits, iPhone X, wireless earbuds, Ring doorbells, etc.

WTFm8

I see USPS out until 9 PM everyday, plus Saturday and Sunday.

It’s cause we’re burying them in SurePost volume. Can’t tell you how many SurePost USPS deliveries I’ve seen at houses I’m delivering ground/air... PAL labels that are 2-4 days old.

The one post office near me announced they were 6 trailers behind on deliveries... before the ‘day of mourning’ for Bush which is why they still delivered packages but not mail on that day.