Southern Baptist Convention Throws Out Saddleback Church

Status
Not open for further replies.

vantexan

I don’t see anywhere in this discussion that attempts are made to force beliefs.

You?

Do you approve of women pastoring churches?
I approve of trying to follow scripture in spirit and in truth. That to me means if a verse says women should remain silent during services and ask their husbands questions at home then that's what I want to follow. I don't believe I have the right to cherry pick what I like and leave out the rest.

And yes I think the purpose of your post is to try to push your point of view and couch it in such a way that those who disagree with you are in the wrong. If you say that the same measure can be applied to me I would respectfully point out I'm trying to follow the scriptures and not my own opinion.

I think the realities of the world today require that women need a good education and that leads them to positions of authority over men. But that measure shouldn't apply to long held beliefs in religious bodies. There are verses that address the decent treatment of women and men should live by those tenets. Whether they do or not is between them and God, but society's only input as values change should be protecting women from physical harm when it comes to religious institutions. Otherwise people should be free to practice their beliefs without outside forces insisting that they do this or that including putting women in positions of authority within churches who believe they are instructed by God's word to not do so.

Integrity

Binge Poster
I approve of trying to follow scripture in spirit and in truth. That to me means if a verse says women should remain silent during services and ask their husbands questions at home then that's what I want to follow. I don't believe I have the right to cherry pick what I like and leave out the rest.

And yes I think the purpose of your post is to try to push your point of view and couch it in such a way that those who disagree with you are in the wrong. If you say that the same measure can be applied to me I would respectfully point out I'm trying to follow the scriptures and not my own opinion.

I think the realities of the world today require that women need a good education and that leads them to positions of authority over men. But that measure shouldn't apply to long held beliefs in religious bodies. There are verses that address the decent treatment of women and men should live by those tenets. Whether they do or not is between them and God, but society's only input as values change should be protecting women from physical harm when it comes to religious institutions. Otherwise people should be free to practice their beliefs without outside forces insisting that they do this or that including putting women in positions of authority within churches who believe they are instructed by God's word to not do so.
Yeah I get it.

So you believe women should remain silent in church. Believe what you want to believe.

I don’t believe this aligns with the teachings of Jesus.

I don’t believe women should remain silent in church.

I believe women should be treated equal or better than equal to the men of the church.

Thebrownblob

Yeah I get it.

So you believe women should remain silent in church. Believe what you want to believe.

I believe women should be treated equal or better than equal to the men of the church.
No one said they should be silent and that’s not even with the Bible said in context but thank you for playing

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Yeah I get it.

Where are all the female Catholic priests?

Integrity

Binge Poster
No, I believe to be in keeping with God's word we must follow God's word.
Yes I believe in seeking to follow the teachings of Jesus as revealed to us through the Holy Spirit. I agree with this.

You must belong to a very quiet church with the women being silent.

Status
Not open for further replies.