Southern Baptist Convention Throws Out Saddleback Church

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thebrownblob

Yes I believe in seeking to follow the teachings of Jesus as revealed to us through the Holy Spirit. I agree with this.

You must belong to a very quiet church with the women being silent.
Perhaps instead of trolling here about something you either don’t know anything about or are just making up your own opinion why don’t you dig a little deeper and find out what that actually means?

vantexan

Yeah I get it.

So you believe women should remain silent in church. Believe what you want to believe.

I don’t believe this aligns with the teachings of Jesus.

I don’t believe women should remain silent in church.

I believe women should be treated equal or better than equal to the men of the church.
Then you don't believe scriptures are the inspired word of God and can do whatever you like.

Thebrownblob

I do not ignore things I don’t like. I believe what I believe, just as you believe what you believe. No different.
Not really, I won’t rip whole parts of the book out that I don’t like just because it doesn’t suit me. Lord knows there’s a few pages I’d love to get rid of that apply to me quite a few pages actually.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Perhaps instead of trolling here about something you either don’t know anything about or are just making up your own opinion why don’t you dig a little deeper and find out what that actually means?
I think you may want to follow your own advice here. You came to this thread.

Do you agree with the SBC decision?

Thebrownblob

I think you may want to follow your own advice here. You came to this thread.

Doesn’t matter what I think. I’m not a SBC what does god think? What does Jesus think? Those are far more important questions then what a peon like me thinks.

oldngray

nowhere special
If that’s the way you see it.

I don’t.
Yes. Doesn't matter what you want to believe. If a church wants to belong to the SBC they have to conform to its beliefs. You can always leave that church if you disagree.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Doesn’t matter what I think. I’m not a SBC what does god think? What does Jesus think? Those are far more important questions then what a peon like me thinks.
You can have an opinion but NP.

I have expressed my opinion on the questions you brought up here.

Status
Not open for further replies.