Southern Baptist Convention Throws Out Saddleback Church

Status
Not open for further replies.

Integrity

Binge Poster
They are free to make the rules they choose. If they are leading people astray, they will answer to one higher than me.
I agree.

My opinion is still that I disagree with the decision. They can do what and believe what they want just like everyone else on the planet.

Thebrownblob

You can have an opinion but NP.

I have expressed my opinion on the questions you brought up here.
I linked the video for you from a member of the church who explained everything you took out of context you’re still free to disagree with it, but your framing of it is completely wrong. Again, my opinion doesn’t matter I don’t belong to their organization. I don’t know why it matters to you either they must fully and completely feel. Their decision is earnestly the right one that’s a pretty big church that they have decided to part ways with. Apparently they put their convictions above money so good for them.

Integrity

Binge Poster
I linked the video for you from a member of the church who explained everything you took out of context you’re still free to disagree with it, but your framing of it is completely wrong. Again, my opinion doesn’t matter I don’t belong to their organization. I don’t know why it matters to you either they must fully and completely feel. Their decision is earnestly the right one that’s a pretty big church that they have decided to part ways with. Apparently they put their convictions above money so good for them.
Maybe, I will watch it later, maybe not.

You seem to want to say a lot in this thread except give your opinion as to whether you agree with the SBC decision or not.

All good. I appreciate your input.

I don’t believe in disrespecting women for any reason. I believe the teachings and life of Jesus are consistent with my belief.

Thebrownblob

1 Corinthians 14:35
What book is that from Van? 😂

You seem to want to say a lot in this thread except give your opinion as to whether you agree with the SBC decision or not.

I don’t believe in disrespecting women for any reason. I believe the teachings and life of Jesus are consistent with my belief.
but it’s not disrespectful. It’s actually the way God intended because everything has an order and when you get out of order, sin creeps in. Jesus was transformative towards women. He appeared to them first, after his resurrection, which, in that culture, was unbelievable to any men, because women were not important enough for a God to appear to first.

Thebrownblob

Lol so you base your opinions on a secular website, and did not go straight to the source to get at least their side? OK carry on.

vantexan

Yikes.

You already Bible versed your opinion.

I do not support the suppression or oppression of women for any reason.

I believe my point of view is supported by the life and teachings of Jesus.
And if women believe and follow 1 Corinthians 14:35 also? Are you going to tell them they're oppressed?

Integrity

Binge Poster
What book is that from Van? 😂

but it’s not disrespectful. It’s actually the way God intended because everything has an order and when you get out of order, sin creeps in. Jesus was transformative towards women. He appeared to them first, after his resurrection, which, in that culture, was unbelievable to any men, because women were not important enough for a God to appear to first.
How is that verse not disrespectful to women?

Jesus definitely knew how to treat women.

Status
Not open for further replies.