Southern Baptist Convention Throws Out Saddleback Church

Status
Not open for further replies.

Integrity

Binge Poster
So, a woman cannot be a husband.
That is my opinion.
When the Bible says a deacon IS TO BE THE HUBAND OF ONE WIFE, you interpret that statement to mean that it is ok with God that a woman can be a deacon.
That is what your interpretation states based upon your literal acceptance of the interpretation made my the ESV translation.
Can you explain how you arrived at this interpretation?
Not new news. Reread some of my posts in this thread if interested.

Thebrownblob

That is my opinion.

That is what your interpretation states based upon your literal acceptance of the interpretation made my the ESV translation.

Not new news. Reread some of my posts in this thread if interested.
Just an observation, buy me and question for the owner of this thread @Integrity. Regardless of anyone’s doctrinal differences, at this point do you believe this thread, edifies believers, and shows the heart of Christ to nonbelievers? Just asking because I wonder what you’re trying to get out of this thread at this point.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Just an observation, buy me and question for the owner of this thread @Integrity. Regardless of anyone’s doctrinal differences, at this point do you believe this thread, edifies believers, and shows the heart of Christ to nonbelievers? Just asking because I wonder what you’re trying to get out of this thread at this point.
He must be getting paid by the word.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Answer the question please.

You won’t.
I already did.
Who personally told you that personally opening a translation of the Bible and personally reading what it says is how you can personally know things that God personally wants you to know?
I've chosen to take God at His word and the claims there in.
This is as personal as it gets. Telling yourself to accept whatever God's word teaches whether I like it or not.

BrownFlush

@Integrity
Since you agree with the teaching of scripture that a husband cannot be a woman, yet disagree with scripture that a deacon can be a woman, do you agree with the scripture that a marriage approved by God is to between a male and female?

Last edited:

BrownFlush

I think anytime one has the opportunity to refute error with scripture is edifying and a responsibility of the Christian. But, you've probably already picked up on that.:wink-very:

Integrity

Binge Poster
Based upon my understanding of the BC IMO the positive or negative impact is nil.

UnionStrong

Based upon my understanding of the BC IMO the positive or negative impact is nil.
Perhaps
F292CD67-0E70-40A7-A09A-AB8F0EF643EC.gif

Integrity

Binge Poster
I already did.
No you did not. But I don’t care at this point.
This is as personal as it gets. Telling yourself to accept whatever God's word teaches whether I like it or not.
You tell yourself to accept your interpretations of the Bible and refute all other interpretations. That works for you, great.

At least you know that your interpretations are true teaching and all other interpretations are false teaching. To each his own.

BrownFlush

You tell yourself to accept your interpretations of the Bible and refute all other interpretations. That works for you, great.

At least you know that your interpretations are true teaching and all other interpretations are false teaching. To each his own.
Deflect.
@Integrity
Since you agree with the teaching of scripture that a husband cannot be a woman, yet disagree with scripture that a deacon can be a woman, do you agree with the scripture that a marriage approved by God is to between a male and female?
Answer the question.

UnionStrong

F5A85DEF-A4A9-425A-9DE0-7ECE9AA37E0A.gif

And then we can wrap it up

BrownFlush

:surrender Not going here.

Head to the LGBTQ thread.
Deflect.
Answer the question.
@Integrity
You are spineless because you know your answer would reveal more of just how far you are from what the Bible actually teaches on another subject.
Prove me wrong and answer the question...
@Integrity

Integrity

Binge Poster
Just an observation, buy me and question for the owner of this thread @Integrity. do you believe this thread, edifies believers, and shows the heart of Christ to nonbelievers?
I believe it has no impact whatsoever on the edification of believers. I believe it in some ways shows the heart of Christ to nonbelievers and in some ways it doesn’t,
Just asking because I wonder what you’re trying to get out of this thread at this point.
I created this thread on the BC to generate and participate in discussion that interests me.

Status
Not open for further replies.