Starting over!

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I am trying to get rehired at another center. I worked for UPS for 12 yrs. I
resigned in March 2016, because I couldn't take the harassment anymore. I know it's probably not going to be any better, but I really want to give it another shot. A former supervisor is trying to get me back in and it's looking good from what I've been told. Does anyone know if I will have to go back to intergrad?
Don't be stupid. You couldn't hack it, so you left. It was the right move for you. Why go back? Learn a good trade like plumbing or electrical.

He might have had family, legal or medical issues that compounded his problems at work since UPS are slave drivers.

OP - trades are fun. Electrical is great and they have a lot of labor protections. Same with plumbing. I still keep my low voltage license in case I go back into wiring business, commercial and residential properties. It's also not hard to learn. You can learn it all or specialize in fiber splicing and cutovers or put in cable, modems, and boxes. Pay scales well. Electrician pay is ridiculous but better be smart. The power limited isn't hard to get you just need the classroom hours via working and personal study and can take it up to 3 times a year if you fail. Get a contractor's license and a few guys to work for you and you've got a 4 provider based installation business. Master electricians make 35 to 100 an hour. Only takes ten years what have you got to lose. 2027 will come whether you do these things or not. Just stay away man. You hung your hat once you're really gonna wanna do it again. It's pretty bad and I've only observed it last 3 years as driver helper and a few month part timer, but I load cars every day bricked out like peak & worse and some guys don't get out anyway 10am and home by 12pm it is ridiculous. Nothing like I've ever seen and it's getting worse.

ManInBrown

Buddy of mine does everything under the sun. Anything handy he can do it. Told me one time I can do anything except electrical. He said that's dangerous sheet.

There's still some old houses with cloth sheathing on their wires with cylinder fuses with copper pennies stuck behind them. There's always work. Low voltage is hard to get because high voltage is downright dangerous.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
Since you would have a new employee ID number and a gap in paperwork I think you would have to go to integrad if your building uses it.

Since you'll be at the bottom of the part-time seniority list it could be awhile before you even get the opportunity to cover drive. Like others said UPS isn't getting any more warm and fuzzy than when you quit...

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Whatever you choose, try to coordinate with your local and make sure your new job is covered by your old pension plan. That way you'll at least accrue points and contribution dollars toward it. Plenty of other decent Teamster jobs and employers are covered under the same pension.

ryan1984

ick Ross, post: 2980250, member: 51847"]Since you would have a new employee ID number and a gap in paperwork I think you would have to go to integrad if your building uses it.

Since you'll be at the bottom of the part-time seniority list it could be awhile before you even get the opportunity to cover drive. Like others said UPS isn't getting any more warm and fuzzy than when you quit...[/QUOTE]

I went to New Stanton last time for driver training

Dhydratd

If you want to ever have any sort of family life at all, DON'T DO IT!!
I think I may have spent a total of 2 hours with my wife last week. Leaving the house at 8am and returning home every night after 10pm :censored3: sucks! As a new hire, you will probably be forced to work Saturdays also. You left for a reason, trust me, at UPS the grass is never greener in another location.

ryan1984

I think I may have spent a total of 2 hours with my wife last week. Leaving the house at 8am and returning home every night after 10pm :censored3: sucks! As a new hire, you will probably be forced to work Saturdays also. You left for a reason, trust me, at UPS the grass is never greener in another location

Box Ox

I think I may have spent a total of 2 hours with my wife last week. Leaving the house at 8am and returning home every night after 10pm :censored3: sucks! As a new hire, you will probably be forced to work Saturdays also. You left for a reason, trust me, at UPS the grass is never greener in another location.

P

pickup

Since you would have a new employee ID number and a gap in paperwork I think you would have to go to integrad if your building uses it.

Since you'll be at the bottom of the part-time seniority list it could be awhile before you even get the opportunity to cover drive. Like others said UPS isn't getting any more warm and fuzzy than when you quit...

I think you get the same employee I'd number but maybe the OP can confirm this if he comes back.

Box Ox

The more threads I see like this the more I wonder if this is even worth it.

Maybe not. Peak is already year round. I'm fairly young and know my body wouldn't hold up to 25-30 years of this. Drivers at my center who are only in their 20s are already hurting pretty badly. And the $$ will stop coming in when their bodies are done.

They'll still have a lotta life to live in those bodies post-UPS if they've gotta bow out in 10-15 years. Can't count on that income stream for decades like you used to be able to.

Sure, the company preaches safety, and methods. But the workload still takes a toll. Probably works in the company's favor to dump all it can on us and then bring in a new crew. Some drivers may feel perfectly fine after many years of it, and that's great. Just not my experience.

Most PTers now see this and say ":censored2: NO" to going FT.

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

You're such a great addition to this site, idk where bc would be without your sincere and always thoughtful input.
That's the same feeling I get reading everyone guessing at questions and the sarcastic posts lmao