Stupid arguments about the Ground business model

MAKAVELI

About a third Cherokee. It's not that I don't want those people to have a good life. We have immigration laws and let in plenty. But they did it legally. Big difference between that and millions being let in illegally who drive down wages, commit crime, use up our resources. Better they stay at home and fight for change there. And don't kid yourself, the Dems primary reason for letting them in is to make them citizens and tip the scales in their favor permanently with elections. Everyone knows it, why deny it?
Drive down wages? Is that why you cuckservatives don't want to raise the minimum wage? 🙃

vantexan

Republican senators won't go for it I wonder why?
Possibly because once you get that you'll want more. And minimum wages should be tied to local costs IMO. $15hr works well in some areas. More than business can bear in some areas. Not enough in some areas. But certainly the Federal minimum wage should have been raised long ago.

MAKAVELI

Possibly because once you get that you'll want more. And minimum wages should be tied to local costs IMO. $15hr works well in some areas. More than business can bear in some areas. Not enough in some areas. But certainly the Federal minimum wage should have been raised long ago.
You can't have it both ways bro. Either you support higher wages or you don't. The undocumented keeping wages down is a red herring, plain and simple.

bacha29

About a third Cherokee. It's not that I don't want those people to have a good life. We have immigration laws and let in plenty. But they did it legally. Big difference between that and millions being let in illegally who drive down wages, commit crime, use up our resources. Better they stay at home and fight for change there. And don't kid yourself, the Dems primary reason for letting them in is to make them citizens and tip the scales in their favor permanently with elections. Everyone knows it, why deny it?
As if the Trumplicans are not trying to do the same? Arguing in front of SCOTUS this week in an attempt to over turn Arizona's expanded voting law Coney Barrett asked the Trumplican's lawyer a "what's the frequency Kenneth"?, type of question. Asking what they were after and what was wrong with the legislation. The Trumplican lawyer's reply: "It puts us a competitive disadvantage because politics is a zero sum game". And you thing Trumplicans and consercuks are not out there trying to gain every advantage they can? They were not arguing on the basis of constitutionality but rather on the basis of market share like it was some sort of patent or copyright infringement .

AB831

Where it comes from is the Biden administration is letting in asylum seekers. Everyone coming in is asking for asylum because it gets them money and to be released into the U.S. pending an asylum hearing(which most never show for). Under the current rules asylum seekers don't have to submit to a test for covid by the Federal government. However the city of Brownsville, TX recently did tests on newly released asylum seekers and found over 100 with covid in a small sampling. And that's just one small part of the border. We just saw a SUV packed with 25 illegals get hit by a truck in Southern California. 13 were killed, most of the rest hospitalized. Hundreds of children sent to the border are now being held(where's the outrage?).
Yeah, Democrats should probably tighten up border security a little better. What’s your point, other than “what about this, what about that?”

vantexan

As if the Trumplicans are not trying to do the same? Arguing in front of SCOTUS this week in an attempt to over turn Arizona's expanded voting law Coney Barrett asked the Trumplican's lawyer a "what's the frequency Kenneth"?, type of question. Asking what they were after and what was wrong with the legislation. The Trumplican lawyer's reply: "It puts us a competitive disadvantage because politics is a zero sum game". And you thing Trumplicans and consercuks are not out there trying to gain every advantage they can? They were not arguing on the basis of constitutionality but rather on the basis of market share like it was some sort of patent or copyright infringement .
Of course they are. They just aren't letting in millions of poor, non English speaking people to do it. If Andrew Yang is correct about the coming revolution in robotics and AI what exactly are we going to do with all of these jobless people? Does it matter to you or is controlling everything the only goal?

vantexan

You can't have it both ways bro. Either you support higher wages or you don't. The undocumented keeping wages down is a red herring, plain and simple.
The undocumented are keeping wages down in areas where blacks once filled those positions. Several years ago heard a black man on the radio talk about all the jobs in his area in construction that blacks used to do but are now filled by illegals who work for less. All kinds of jobs like that. Blacks and Hispanic citizens are hurt disproportionately more by illegal labor.

MAKAVELI

The undocumented are keeping wages down in areas where blacks once filled those positions. Several years ago heard a black man on the radio talk about all the jobs in his area in construction that blacks used to do but are now filled by illegals who work for less. All kinds of jobs like that. Blacks and Hispanic citizens are hurt disproportionately more by illegal labor.
The same businesses that rail against the undocumented are the same businesses that hire them and rail against minimum wage.

vantexan

The same businesses that rail against the undocumented are the same businesses that hire them and rail against minimum wage.
I'm only seeing railing against raising the minimum wage to $15hr. And I'm not seeing businesses or government railing against the undocumented. What I am seeing are poor American citizens with no political clout being left behind. Wonder why Trump got elected?

bacha29

I'm only seeing railing against raising the minimum wage to $15hr. And I'm not seeing businesses or government railing against the undocumented. What I am seeing are poor American citizens with no political clout being left behind. Wonder why Trump got elected?
I see you've expanded into the role of cheap wage apologist. And you're the guy who railed against the wage you had to restart at when you had to do a "Dano" and go crawling back to Far Freddy for the 11th time.

vantexan

I see you've expanded into the role of cheap wage apologist. And you're the guy who railed against the wage you had to restart at when you had to do a "Dano" and go crawling back to Far Freddy for the 11th time.
Is that so? Apparently you missed where I said I was fine with raising the minimum wage. Are you even capable of having an honest conversation?

floridays

The DK effect is when a person isn't aware of the limitations of his intelligence, ability, and what have you. I'm aware of mine.
Please share your limitations, are they internal or external or a combination of both.
I'm interested in your self- evaluation.

floridays

LOL. Thanks for proving my point, simpleton.
Let me follow your reasoning,

The first to foul gets a pass, the following, when doing the same are guilty simply because they weren't out of the blocks first. Is that how it works with you clowns?

It's fine to joke, it's even encouraged, just don't make yourself a joke.

floridays

At this point in time the republicans have become nothing but a bunch of what aboutists. Was hoping that the former president would have announced that he was forming his own party so that he and his fellow trumpodytes could waddle off into the sunset.
Also been a republican since I registered to vote at 18. Just can't pull the lever for trump. Also hate what he has done to decimate the party.
How old are you now, 19?
Exactly what did you love about the party that he decimated?
You used the word hate, I used the word love because you made it an emotional discussion.