Supervisors at center not having routes set before start time saying we can't bump

Sixth Punch Sense

At a Saturday PCM sometime last summer on road says Saturday drivers will bid thier route and no bumping allowed on those routes. Forced in rpcd's had a talk with a steward. Plan never got to the bidding process. Those with the most seniority get the route they want even if they volunteer, of course you can only volunteer if there isn't enough staffing.

specter208

So an unassigned route that they put you on and you bump someone with more seniority? Doesnt that kind of defeat what you told me earlier about Seniority matters all the time? 😂
If you are an RPCD coming in for basically Overtime. I think it would be respectful to allow the 22.4s bidding rights for whatever routes are available on Saturday considering it is their regular scheduled work day. The RPCD should get whatever is left. The contract says 22.4 work shall primarily consist of driving. So if a 22.4 is regularly scheduled to drive Saturday, has area knowledge/experience. I don’t see why their would be a problem with 22.4 bidding atleast saturdays.

Thebrownblob

If you are an RPCD coming in for basically Overtime. I think it would be respectful to allow the 22.4s bidding rights for whatever routes are available on Saturday considering it is their regular scheduled work day. The RPCD should get whatever is left. The contract says 22.4 work shall primarily consist of driving. So if a 22.4 is regularly scheduled to drive Saturday, has area knowledge/experience. I don’t see why their would be a problem with 22.4 bidding atleast saturdays.
We’re not really talking about what would be respectful we’re talking about what’s in the contract on this, which is basically nothing.

I work in a very large building with three large centers, on Saturday there is no center seniority it is building seniority, and the routes change weekly, so bidding on something permanent would be near impossible because there’s really no boundaries.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
We’re not really talking about what would be respectful we’re talking about what’s in the contract on this, which is basically nothing.

I work in a very large building with three large centers, on Saturday there is no center seniority it is building seniority, and the routes change weekly, so bidding on something permanent would be near impossible because there’s really no boundaries.
Respectfully, I’m bumping you.

Staydryitsraining

Lol I sure do remember those days!
Multiple people have given you examples of what's happening in their building. Multiple times you have argued with them using the contract or what's happening in your building as God. What's the point of your arguing? For other people to concede to what your saying? Damn man your right. Hey everyone need an answer or a why? Ask this guy he's got it on lock.

Thebrownblob

Multiple people have given you examples of what's happening in their building. Multiple times you have argued with them using the contract or what's happening in your building as God. What's the point of your arguing? For other people to concede to what your saying? Damn man your right. Hey everyone need an answer or a why? Ask this guy he's got it on lock.
Actually, I’ve argued it’s different everywhere. It’s not my fault you can’t read. I stated vague contract language causes this, pay attention young man, because you’re the knucklehead, who said “seniority is seniority” until it comes to you getting what you want.

specter208

22.4 should get first picks for Saturday. Just my opinion.

JustDeliverIt

22.4 should get first picks for Saturday. Just my opinion.

If they did that (aside from the argument of seniority vs regular work day), they would never get any RPCD’s to volunteer. Why would I ever choose to come in and not deliver the area I’m in all week. On top of that, a driver with 15 years less seniority takes it while I’m in the hood.

Not that I would ever sign up, but that would be the reason to definitely never do it.

johnnybgood

BINGO

johnnybgood

If they did that (aside from the argument of seniority vs regular work day), they would never get any RPCD’s to volunteer. Why would I ever choose to come in and not deliver the area I’m in all week. On top of that, a driver with 15 years less seniority takes it while I’m in the hood.

Not that I would ever sign up, but that would be the reason to definitely never do it.
because you're getting full overtime for doing it

Thebrownblob

Lol winner winner, chicken dinner!!

1685555186533.jpeg

Thebrownblob

because you're getting full overtime for doing it
Another one of the guys who said “seniority is seniority”, no matter what, until they don’t want seniority to be seniority no matter what?

I can’t think of a reason why you would believe a 30 year veteran would say yeah I’m just going to give up my seniority just because it’s my sixth day? Gtfo

johnnybgood

just because 22.4's have no seniority on Saturdays in your building doesn't mean it can't happen in others

Thebrownblob

just because 22.4's have no seniority on Saturdays in your building doesn't mean it can't happen in others
Again, your ignorance is showing, I never said it can’t happen. The vague language has caused all kinds of ridiculous agreements, as well as people just doing whatever they want. The 22.4 article has created the wild west as far as the contract goes nobody sure what they’re supposed to do.

The question is, is it appropriate and contractual?