Supervisors at center not having routes set before start time saying we can't bump

jjm113

I never heard of any 15 minute rule. Maybe just past practice for that local?
it's a made up rule, even the stewards say our building made it up, but then our stewarts won't fight for us and say they gotta run a company. Takes 15 seconds to swap routes with the newest diad

DriverNerd

I just read the non-bid driver information in the southern supplement...what terrible wording. In the central it is so straight forward and simple in comparison.

Do they at least post vacation routes ahead of time and allow those to be filled by seniority?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Never for production but that can put you on their radar so they try to find some other excuse to fire you.
We know that game here…method violations don’t work here either…but you’d be surprised how many drivers get dui’s…get their job back and then do it again…can’t help stupid. Seen it in feeder many times with weed…some have different priorities than you and me.

Cowboy Mac

Enough bitching and complaining toward them at the time will give you whatever you want.
They don’t want to hear it so they just say yes
This has never worked for me or other drivers that I know. For me and my current management team, talking to them with respect, not complaining about the dispatch to them, over communicating that I would have late air or missed businesses.

And sometimes you have to fail for them to make the changes necessary for you to succeed.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
There was a big post on here s month or two the guy got fired for “padding” stops because he was delivering to different suites that had same address. Before that, that was doing everything they could to get his over allowed down. He had the most over allowed in building. They fired the top six drivers with the most over allowed for petty :censored2:
If that sht stuck then you guys have a weak ass local…that don’t fly here. We’ve had guys try to pad their day with over 70’s…got fired but walked right back in like a boss.

Cowboy Mac

trust me i go at it with them it's not helping and our union stewarts are all new / don't want to help anyone that's a 22.4.
No one is going to help you in this job. You have to stand up for yourself. Read and understand the contract and firmly stand your ground on what it says.
I just read the non-bid driver information in the southern supplement...what terrible wording. In the central it is so straight forward and simple in comparison.

Do they at least post vacation routes ahead of time and allow those to be filled by seniority?
It is bad wording. We do get vacation bids weekly, however some centers ignore that part of the contract and do back door dealing instead.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
This has never worked for me or other drivers that I know. For me and my current management team, talking to them with respect, not complaining about the dispatch to them, over communicating that I would have late air or missed businesses.

And sometimes you have to fail for them to make the changes necessary for you to succeed.
Imo, you need to know when to keep your mouth shut and when to get fired up and push back…

Cowboy Mac

Imo, you need to know when to keep your mouth shut and when to get fired up and push back…
I agree. Respect is a privilege, as long as they treat me with respect I will do the same.

Just like my ability to answer their phone calls. Some managers have lost their phone privileges with me.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I agree. Respect is a privilege, as long as they treat me with respect I will do the same.

Just like my ability to answer their phone calls. Some managers have lost their phone privileges with me.
True…when I was in pkg there were guys in that office everyday bitching about stop stop counts (but never wanted to get on the 9.5 list…go figure!) and mgt just got tired of being yelled at and did nothing. There were others who just did the job and once in a while went in there to bitch about being over 9.5 or a high stop count on an 8 hr. Request, and they were taken seriously and given the proper help.

jjm113

yes we can weekly bid for vacation routes

charm299

If that sht stuck then you guys have a weak ass local…that don’t fly here. We’ve had guys try to pad their day with over 70’s…got fired but walked right back in like a boss.
None of it stuck, didn’t even go to panel, but nobody got back pay and some were out for over a month

Johney

He don’t do nothing, he literally tells drivers they need to get there over allowed down. Show me any where in the contract where it says anything about over allowed, they were making up stuff about drivers and firing the one that had a lot of over allowed
Your BA tells you all you need to get your O/A down? You need to take him out and punch him in the face.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
None of it stuck, didn’t even go to panel, but nobody got back pay and some were out for over a month
I think I’m this new contract the union is trying to get these guys who have to go to panel a speedier process..it’s total bs that some of our people miss a panel and have to wait it out until the next one… hopefully we’ll get some better language on this.. glad they got their jobs back though

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Your BA tells you all you need to get your O/A down? You need to take him out and punch him in the face.
1685225623161.gif

Seriously…what a bunch of crap.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

Been here 30+years and have never seen a driver fired for production….ever. What I have seen drivers fired for are 2 things….stealing packages and drug/alcohol issues…almost every single time.
I’ve seen a driver fired for “following orders with malicious intent” he was ordered to follow Orion and the next day did 100% trace, normally would be punched out by 6 but he worked until 10:30 and they had to send help. A driver a few months ago was fired for driving off route area (less than half a mile) for lunch and another for stealing time by buying a bottle of water at the gas station he was delivering at. It’s been getting very arbitrary lately.

charm299

I’ve seen a driver fired for “following orders with malicious intent” he was ordered to follow Orion and the next day did 100% trace, normally would be punched out by 6 but he worked until 10:30 and they had to send help. A driver a few months ago was fired for driving off route area (less than half a mile) for lunch and another for stealing time by buying a bottle of water at the gas station he was delivering at. It’s been getting very arbitrary lately.
We had 2 stewards recently fired for driving lees then a half mile to meet up for lunch. They said they passed up stops on the way lol