Supervisors at center not having routes set before start time saying we can't bump

Thebrownblob

I would disagree with your stance on 22.4s in general. There's a lot of people who say they aren't meant to drive or were supposed to work x inside and y driving, there's no language for that. Their job "may include inside work" and based on that, it may not. If a 22.4 is assigned to a route for the day, I don't see why they couldn't flex their seniority if their center works that way. Many centers assign utility/swing/cover drivers and that's that. If any particular center allows for seniority-based bumping or assigning, I see no reason a 22.4 couldn't be included.
That is correct. It says “May” there is no way they could bump if they “may” be used in the building. Here They are work directed employees. The only time we allow them to flex seniority is if there are layoffs and the company tries to go out of order and they want to drive package car all day and they have more seniority rPCDs have weekly, bidding rights, and bumping rights. A bid cover job as we call them, Here covers daily Call ins, as well as days off and have the right to bump daily.
Everywhere uses a little different terminologies and has somewhat different rules. Check with your stewards and if you don’t feel, you’re getting the correct answer call your business agent.

This is the albatross, the company and the union threw around our neck with ambiguous and vague language.

DriverNerd

I've said this before in another post like this but here it is again:

I am in the central and our language states that we bid for vacation routes weekly and win by seniority. All other cover drivers work as directed.

I'm the number one bid cover driver in my center. If I choose not to sign a vacation week (if I do, I automatically win it) then I must do whatever route is assigned to me, regardless of how crappy that route might be. I can't bump anyone for any reason for a particular route outside of signing the vacation list even if I have 20 years on them. I usually don't start with that because it all depends on supplements and past practice.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
sucks how useless posting here was. Never seen a group of guys get so far off topic than UPS drivers in a forum.
IMG_4510.jpeg

johnnybgood

That is correct. It says “May” there is no way they could bump if they “may” be used in the building. Here They are work directed employees. The only time we allow them to flex seniority is if there are layoffs and the company tries to go out of order and they want to drive package car all day and they have more seniority rPCDs have weekly, bidding rights, and bumping rights. A bid cover job as we call them, Here covers daily Call ins, as well as days off and have the right to bump daily.
Everywhere uses a little different terminologies and has somewhat different rules. Check with your stewards and if you don’t feel, you’re getting the correct answer call your business agent.

This is the albatross, the company and the union threw around our neck with ambiguous and vague language.
I would love for you to show us anywhere in the Master agreement or any Supplemental where 22.4's do not have any right to bump lower seniority drivers.

As it is in any agreement, Seniority is always to be considered.

Thebrownblob

I would love for you to show us anywhere in the Master agreement or any Supplemental where 22.4's do not have any right to bump lower seniority drivers.

As it is in any agreement, Seniority is always to be considered.
I would like you to show me where it says you can. And sadly you’re not just a driver you’re a combination job.

You also cannot bid permanent vacancies here, because once again, you’re not a regular package car driver.

Thebrownblob

Seniority is seniority. No one needs it written anywhere, we all know what it is and how it's used. 22.4s can bump other 22.4s to take a route and or to bump lower 22.4s to work in the building instead of driving.
Lol I wish that were true. That seniority is seniority.. that got screwed up years ago with classifications

Thebrownblob

Seniority is seniority. No one needs it written anywhere, we all know what it is and how it's used. 22.4s can bump other 22.4s to take a route and or to bump lower 22.4s to work in the building instead of driving.
That’s gonna be a local agreement if they allow that to happen, and if you file a grievance and the panel agrees.

Because once again, we were left with very vague language almost no rules, and interpretation is different everywhere.
Hopefully that gets fixed in the next contract by getting rid of this article altogether

johnnybgood

I would like you to show me where it says you can. And sadly you’re not just a driver you’re a combination job.

You also cannot bid permanent vacancies here, because once again, you’re not a regular package car driver.
Seniority is always to be considered this is a fundamental part of our contract. It is clear as day.

johnnybgood

The only time we allow them to flex seniority is if there are layoffs and the company tries to go out of order and they want to drive package car all day and they have more seniority rPCDs have weekly, bidding rights, and bumping rights. A bid cover job as we call them, Here covers daily Call ins, as well as days off and have the right to bump daily.
You say this as if it's a fact. If it's a fact then show us where it only applies to rpcd and not 22.4's.

I'll wait.

Thebrownblob

Seniority is always to be considered this is a fundamental part of our contract. It is clear as day.
I agree with you, but it just doesn’t work that way when it’s not written down for a new classification.
Don’t get mad at me I didn’t write it nor did I vote for it

Thebrownblob

You say this as if it's a fact. If it's a fact then show us where it only applies to rpcd and not 22.4's.

I'll wait.
I said it is a fact where I am, which, I also explained to you is a short coming in this article, because it is so vague, you really need to read before you question me.

You can travel to 20 different locals and find 20 different way They’re doing this. It has created confusion and a lot of pissed off members.

johnnybgood

I said it is a fact where I am, which, I also explained to you is a short coming in this article, because it is so vague, you really need to read before you question me.

You can travel to 20 different locals and find 20 different way They’re doing this. It has created confusion and a lot of pissed off members.
So you lied. It's cool. People lie.

johnnybgood

And you’re a maroon, who can’t read it’s cool, you act as if I made these decisions. These are panel decisions where I am. I argued against it, and I also am an advocate for getting rid of the whole article as should you be
I have read the Master Agreement. It mentions nothing as you stated.

Thebrownblob

I have read the Master Agreement. It mentions nothing as you stated.
So it mentions a newly created classification can bid and bump? That’s in the national? Lol.

Again, I’m not trying to belittle you I’m just telling you it’s different everywhere and most of what you’re talking about is supplemental in regards to bumping bidding work rules.