Supervisors at center not having routes set before start time saying we can't bump

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
He don’t do nothing, he literally tells drivers they need to get there over allowed down. Show me any where in the contract where it says anything about over allowed, they were making up stuff about drivers and firing the one that had a lot of over allowed
"You're over."
"I'm workin' to the best of my ability."

If there has ever been a driver fired in America for being"over allowed", I have never heard about it.
But, if they want you, they will get you. It's not who you know or who you blow. It's how you blow the ones you know.
Learn the game. Win the game.
Be stupid. Lose the game.

Last edited:

charm299

"You're over."
"I'm workin' to the best of my ability."

If there has ever been a driver fired in America for being"over allowed", I have never heard about it.
But, if they want you, they will get you. It's not who you know or who you blow. It's how you blow the ones you know.
Learn the game. Win the game.
Be stupid. Lose the game.
I agree with everything you said………..besides blowing somebody

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member
sucks how useless posting here was. Never seen a group of guys get so far off topic than UPS drivers in a forum.
fetchimage (1).jpeg

jjm113

Hey, :censored2:stick, you answered your own question in post #21. You said it's a made up rule. Before that, many people asked where you were and offered anecdotal support describing how things are done in different areas. No one can find any information if we don't know where you are, and if you don't know the rules of your own barn, you're really the dip:censored2: here anyway. After the question is answered, what do you expect to happen?
i know the rules and ive already stated im in southern, my question was if the union stewards don't provide help and they don't follow the contract is there anything i can do further like write to an upper union person? I've already filed grievences on this issue they send a thing back saying they agree to follow the contract that's it and then it goes back to them not following the contract doing the same thing. Our stewards are new and only wanna help really upper seniority people and just tell 22.4s to work as instructed verse sticking up for us.

i know the rules and ive already stated im in southern, my question was if the union stewards don't provide help and they don't follow the contract is there anything i can do further like write to an upper union person? I've already filed grievences on this issue they send a thing back saying they agree to follow the contract that's it and then it goes back to them not following the contract doing the same thing. Our stewards are new and only wanna help really upper seniority people and just tell 22.4s to work as instructed verse sticking up for us.
@Cowboy Mac laid it out pretty clearly in post #8. They have to give you your eight hours, that's their contractual obligation. You've filed on this and we're told the company agrees to follow the contract. You've stated that your "15 minute rule" is a "made up rule," meaning it's not a contractual obligation. What do you want here?

Last edited:

Thebrownblob

@Cowboy Mac laid it out pretty clearly in post #8. They have to give you your eight hours, that's their contractual obligation. You've file Don this and we're told the company agrees to follow the contract. You've stated that your "15 minute rule" is a "made up rule," meaning it's not a contractual obligation. What do you want here?
He wants you to tell him he’s right. He’s not. The 22.4 position isn’t supposed to drive all day everyday so there’s really no chance they have preferential bumping on route rights.

Cowboy Mac

If your steward is not following the contract tell him, and if he doesn’t change his ways, contact your business agent by calling the local union hall. Find other drivers who are affected by this issue and all of y’all show up to the monthly local union meeting and bring it up at the meeting.

I laid it out in a previous post what I would do in your situation. You will make some people unhappy by putting your foot down. If you are unwilling or scared to follow this advice you might as well stop complaining.

He wants you to tell him he’s right. He’s not. The 22.4 position isn’t supposed to drive all day everyday so there’s really no chance they have preferential bumping on route rights.
I would disagree with your stance on 22.4s in general. There's a lot of people who say they aren't meant to drive or were supposed to work x inside and y driving, there's no language for that. Their job "may include inside work" and based on that, it may not. If a 22.4 is assigned to a route for the day, I don't see why they couldn't flex their seniority if their center works that way. Many centers assign utility/swing/cover drivers and that's that. If any particular center allows for seniority-based bumping or assigning, I see no reason a 22.4 couldn't be included.