Teamsters Union Faces Revolt From Members Over UPS Contracts

Days

Lol asking for overtime for part time drivers and help with pensions is asking too much. /sarcasm

“The offers became worse after declining the first proposal.”

UPS not budging and they know that the union will fold. Without the power of a strike, UPS can do anything

trickpony1

Hope this helps.

Actually it doesn't.
If my post #6 looked like this, "through, hope this helps." the comma would be applicable. However, it doesn't look like this.

The physical separation of the two thoughts in post #6 and the capital H, in "Hope this helps." indicates two separate and distinct thoughts.

Hope this helps.

browned out

The members were given the chance to vote.... and chose not to.

The Hofficers, TDU.ers and Teamster United folks all were well aware that the 50% voter participation threshold was highly unlikely..at best.

Teamster Reps should have been in every center INFORMING members that if 50% do not.vote, the CBA could and in all probability would be forced thru unless the 2/3 no vote metric was hit.

What'dyabringmetoday???

The Hofficers, TDU.ers and Teamster United folks all were well aware that the 50% voter participation threshold was highly unlikely..at best.

Teamster Reps should have been in every center INFORMING members that if 50% do not.vote, the CBA could and in all probability would be forced thru unless the 2/3 no vote metric was hit.
I hope Big Union Man....doesn't see this. Lol.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck

I’d agree if what went down two contracts ago didn’t happen. Knowing what happened, we should have been in the ninety percent range. No one wants be involved.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

Elected officers aren't babysitters.

Every Local had contract proposal meetings, contract review meetings, and

always.... regular membership meetings. People that blame the Union, are lazy

and have no-one to blame but themselves.

The 2/3's language has been in the IBT Constitution for 32 years.

Inthegame

If that's true why didn't at least two of those groups make some noise prior to the vote? And if the 2/3rds rule is a Hoffa evil plot, why didn't TDU or TU attempt a revision at the last IBT Convention?
And now Teamster Reps are clairvoyant? The IBT made voting on this CBA the easiest ever.

Inthegame

UPS and union both thrive from employee turnover, and one benefit for both sides is low voter turnout
Another miss. A new employee pays less dues than a senior employee which doesn't reconcile with the dues hungry union you've alleged.
But I'm guessing they'd be willing to receive lower dues from your replacement...