Tennis shoes

rod

Retired 22 years
no @rod , i am not doing your dirty work
I take that back. one time a DNR fire truck came screaming into my yard and told me to either start spraying down my house with water or join the crew fighting a fire about a quarter of a mile from my house. I joined the crew. I lucked out and got assigned to riding in the back of a DNR water truck filling the ground troops water sprayers they carried on their backs.

Whitelightning1534

so I was running late and forgot my boots one day and had to wear tennis shoes. Let me tell you it was amazing!!

For the people who wear some type of running shoe what do you use?

I do have a nice set of boots and I love them but man do they get heavy after awhile. I’d like to throw a shoe in the rotation for super hot/dry days

I wear a pair of Converse boots that looks like converse all star hi tops but is lesther, waterproof,oil resistant and has a sturdy up leather and also has Nike lunarlon insoles

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member

I've ended a lot of threads before, I'm a regular buzz kill! I actually wear Rockport Eurekas. I buy two pair at a time, I usually get a black pair and a brown pair. They usually break in fast but I'm lucky to get two months out of them. The Nike Monarch Airs are garbage. I used to get six weeks before the heel was gone and they make an awful squeaking sound. Nike sucks, I will never buy anymore. I liked the New Balance 623s, but the heels don't last either. I made the mistake of trying Sketchers one time, I got blisters and the sole separated off the front in no time. I forked out some money on some Keen boots once, the heels went out in two months and I had to fight with them over the warranty, they said it didn't cover materials. After I posted a negative review on their website, then they replaced them. Rockport's quality has dropped too, the soles are started to separate at the toes about the same time the heels go out in two months. My Fitbit claims I average twelve mile a day, I'm still looking for decent work shoes.

rod

Retired 22 years
I've ended a lot of threads before, I'm a regular buzz kill! I actually wear Rockport Eurekas. I buy two pair at a time, I usually get a black pair and a brown pair. They usually break in fast but I'm lucky to get two months out of them. The Nike Monarch Airs are garbage. I used to get six weeks before the heel was gone and they make an awful squeaking sound. Nike sucks, I will never buy anymore. I liked the New Balance 623s, but the heels don't last either. I made the mistake of trying Sketchers one time, I got blisters and the sole separated off the front in no time. I forked out some money on some Keen boots once, the heels went out in two months and I had to fight with them over the warranty, they said it didn't cover materials. After I posted a negative review on their website, then they replaced them. Rockport's quality has dropped too, the soles are started to separate at the toes about the same time the heels go out in two months. My Fitbit claims I average twelve mile a day, I'm still looking for decent work shoes.
Damn--40+ years at UPS and you still haven't found a good shoe?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Damn--40+ years at UPS and you still haven't found a good shoe?
Nope, they don't make quality work shoes anymore. When I first started driving, Sears Diehards would last at least a year with the old leather soles. Nike came along and replaced leather heels with their air cushion design, shoes never lasted for me after that. Like a lot of things, quality has gone to hell so you have to keep replacing them often.

Jstpeachy

Damn girl how big are your feet

Lol the smallest pair they make for men’s are probably a size too big on me, but I just tighten the laces extra and wear thicker socks. The women’s boots I bought before these were super uncomfortable and started getting trashed within 3 weeks so idk until I find a better option these will do lol

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Lol the smallest pair they make for men’s are probably a size too big on me, but I just tighten the laces extra and wear thicker socks. The women’s boots I bought before these were super uncomfortable and started getting trashed within 3 weeks so idk until I find a better option these will do lol

Gonna need a pic for proof that you’re not a “ big foot”

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Nobody here worries about shoes. The closest thing to a compliment from out center manager is when he bitches about shoes. Just means he cant find anything else to complain about. Poor bastid.

mich77

Nobody here worries about shoes. The closest thing to a compliment from out center manager is when he bitches about shoes. Just means he cant find anything else to complain about. Poor bastid.
Hahahah - can relate to this!

On topic, pretty much everything from Nike running goes well for me.

When I was a bit younger I liked to go with flat foot like Puma without any "air below" or anything. Now, Nike does the job perfectly in my oppinion for everyday workflow.

trickpony1

Better watch out because osha is going around the country really starting to enforce boots because people who don't wesr boots by tuesdTu won't get to work

The company has tried this before....saying OSHA is doing something that OSHA really isn't doing.

They want everyone to wear boots so the easiest way to accomplish this is........wait for it...…...

…….say OSHA is requiring it.

542thruNthru

The company has tried this before....saying OSHA is doing something that OSHA really isn't doing.

They want everyone to wear boots so the easiest way to accomplish this is........wait for it...…...

…….say OSHA is requiring it.

Yep.. highly doubt OSHA is coming in to check for work boots. UPS would be shut down if that happen because OSHA would find all the other crap that goes on.

Faceplanted

All the dorks at work usually wear the all black versions of the Nike air pedos aka air monarchs. Pic provided if your a lame pedo who has a c5 drop top vette in the garage.

I usually wear some stylish :censored2:, Nike AirMax 90s, Nike air flight 89s, Reebok classics, or new balances

Attachments

• B82BDFDB-DC28-48B3-B335-3349D20B982A.jpeg
    B82BDFDB-DC28-48B3-B335-3349D20B982A.jpeg
    15.4 KB · Views: 179