The Big Reveal

lilwizbiz

It doesn’t matter what the company does… we can’t compete with Amazon. Look around…. They have completely hi-jacked peak season. They’re the only site I’ve bought Christmas gifts from. You can’t beat it. Unlimited free 2-day shipping for 90% of items you need to buy. People don’t care about commit times… they don’t care about well trained drivers… they don’t care if they’re in uniforms. They don’t want to sign for packages. People just want their crap on their porch in 2 days. That. Is. It. And Amazon is doing that at a massive loss. They’re not trying to profit right now. They’re trying to monopolize residential deliveries. And they’ve all but done it. Express can do whatever dumb idea it comes up with. Fact is they can’t compete with a delivery service that is delivering its own product, with zero standards, underpaid & undertrained garbage employees… that customers are generally happy with. UPS is going to survive Amazon better than us because they dominate business to business. You can’t compete with Amazon. They can afford the losses… express can’t.
lol amazon just lost a trillion dollars in market value...

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
The FedEx upper crust never fails to believe their own BS. None of those guys and gals would last a week doing courier work or cargo handling. Dano sure believes all their propaganda though. He swallows it every time, hook, line and sinker.
Nice to know that a former courier is concerned about me. The paychecks are still coming in like clockwork, bro. Thanks for checking in.

59 Dano

So your network is saying things are running smoothly? Did you recently buy another 15000 shares in the company because you’re so impressed with Raj and company?🤣
Still looking for that collapse of the network that Boy Wonder sold you on.

59 Dano

Do you have any ramp identifiers that have closed? Were they just temporary operations? Were they closed because the lack of freight has dropped off and it did not make sense to keep them open? Just like INDY and the Response freight? The big covid boom is over and Response will be ending in Feb or March. MEMH can handle the volume again and there is no reason to bleed off freight to INDY anymore.

The problem of finding people willing to work was a 2021 problem. That does not exist anymore at ramp or station level. Last peak most of our ramp was temp workers and the thought at the time was to turn the majority of ramp work to be staffed by temps. Fast forward a year and we are fully staffed with FDX employees. No temps on the premises. Stations this year dropped the temp peak staffing by 75% on what was expected. The stations in my area are giving LWOPs during peak everyday.

Sounds like the information you are receiving from your sources is about 12 months old.
Artee, meet MF and his comically bad intel.

59 Dano

Great point. FedEx "engineers" usually are not engineers at all, in either thought processes or training. Various "engineers" I've known at FedEx were former UPS managers with no degree, people who came from outside the company AND the industry, and others whose background was unknown, but definitely not trained as a true engineer.

One of my favorites was a guy who came from AT&T who didn't even know how the FedEx overnight system functioned. Yet, there he was, an "engineer' making all sorts of decisions about sorts and various processes.. IDK if they're still bringing in outside "talent", but given the current state of affairs, I wouldn't doubt it.
Oh, of course.

AB831

Nice to know that a former courier is concerned about me. The paychecks are still coming in like clockwork, bro. Thanks for checking in.
Still insecure as ever, huh? Merry Christmas, dude. Hopefully, you’ll get a less frail ego from Santa

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Do you have any ramp identifiers that have closed? Were they just temporary operations? Were they closed because the lack of freight has dropped off and it did not make sense to keep them open? Just like INDY and the Response freight? The big covid boom is over and Response will be ending in Feb or March. MEMH can handle the volume again and there is no reason to bleed off freight to INDY anymore.

The problem of finding people willing to work was a 2021 problem. That does not exist anymore at ramp or station level. Last peak most of our ramp was temp workers and the thought at the time was to turn the majority of ramp work to be staffed by temps. Fast forward a year and we are fully staffed with FDX employees. No temps on the premises. Stations this year dropped the temp peak staffing by 75% on what was expected. The stations in my area are giving LWOPs during peak everyday.

Sounds like the information you are receiving from your sources is about 12 months old. Things are and will continue to change rapidly as FDX tries to find itself. Express is trying to save something like $6B over the next few years, so there will be many changes and what was going on 3 months ago is not happening today.

Heck. UPS is looking to close down their ramp that gets a couple 767's a day and truck all their freight in from 100 miles away to feed their 3 stations in this area. One UPS manager has even stated that they are looking to get out of the air freight business and focus on the lower cost trucking/rail options. Options are being looked at industry wide and its just not FDX that is trying to find the secret sauce.
I see you and Dano are mutually sycophantic now. My information is absolutely current. Everything you just stated here was immediately put to rest by a subsequent poster (not me). If someone out there would like to reveal specific failed locations, please do, because I don't want to compromise my sources. Hint: Look at Washington State and California to start. "FDX tries to find itself" is your most revealing statement.

Artee

Oh it exists, our Ramp is short 95 positions and the last hiring event had less than 50 applicants.(less than half were hire-able)
Our station is short 20 positions(make that 22 we had two resign last week) and had 10 applicants...
At least with response coming to an end, we will be able to hopefully pull some of the displaced response drivers.
ESTAR was joke for the month we ran it, they've made some tweaks... we'll see in Feb when it fires back up.
Your area been getting the $3 surge/premium pay the last 14 months like many other places? Makes it easy to hire handlers at $19/hr to compete with Chick-fil-a and Chipotle. Is your area giving freight to ground? Too many couriers and not enough work. Not much overtime this peak. ground asking for more freight as they have drivers going home early and excess capacity.

If the above doesn't apply to you, just wait until the ground roll out goes nationwide. You won't have a courier shortage anymore. You will have a freight shortage. Minimum hours will become a norm. The only extra hours this peak will be coming because the MEMH plane did not make it in yesterday and there will be freight to deliver today.

Artee

I see you and Dano are mutually sycophantic now. My information is absolutely current. Everything you just stated here was immediately put to rest by a subsequent poster (not me). If someone out there would like to reveal specific failed locations, please do, because I don't want to compromise my sources. Hint: Look at Washington State and California to start. "FDX tries to find itself" is your most revealing statement.
What part of California do you want me to look at? The one that is getting premium pay? The one whose ramp is fully staffed with FDX employees? The one that has a vast majority of couriers that are back to the station by 5pm during peak and are going home? The area that gives 5 position of freight to ground everyday. Sounds like your "sources" are not going to have much longer to wait before all their problems are put to rest.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
What part of California do you want me to look at? The one that is getting premium pay? The one whose ramp is fully staffed with FDX employees? The one that has a vast majority of couriers that are back to the station by 5pm during peak and are going home? The area that gives 5 position of freight to ground everyday. Sounds like your "sources" are not going to have much longer to wait before all their problems are put to rest.
Are you and Dano spending the holidays together? It sounds like you're both all set for a trip to Disneyland because fantasies are "real" there, just like in your posts.