The demise of the Democrats

Gee, I wonder who was gumming-up the works for the last 2 years? Oh, right, that would be obstructionist Republicans interested in protecting special interests instead of advancing the needs of the people as a whole. Politics is dirty enough without having blatantly obvious shills like Boehner and Company out there fighting for the rights of corporate America. These clowns are owned by Big Business.
Before 2010, not one single obstructionist republican vote was needed to pass a budget, keep trying.

moreluck

golden ticket member
gumming up the works??? Why didn't the Dems. pass a budget when they had the "trinity" of majority. (house, senate & pres.) They're only focus is on spending!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Before 2010, not one single obstructionist republican vote was needed to pass a budget, keep trying.

I'll agree with you on one thing, and that's the Democrat's failure to actually do something with their numerical advantage. Obama was elected as a liberal, and he became a centrist instead, much like Bill Clinton's move to the center after taking office. Why he didn't pass the EFCA, and a budget, are good questions. The Republicans filibustered almost everything in sight, a strategy that apparently worked for them.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
"Obama was elected as a liberal, and he became a centrist "

lol

One of the biggest criticisms of Obama is that he hasn't been liberal enough, and has tried to meet the Right Wing in the middle. Obviously, that's been a poor strategy, because you cannot compromise with ideologues.

bbsam

Staff member
One of the biggest criticisms of Obama is that he hasn't been liberal enough, and has tried to meet the Right Wing in the middle. Obviously, that's been a poor strategy, because you cannot compromise with ideologues.

There's some truth to that so consider that the President at 50% approval rating against the possible GOP field could probably win in landslide today.

island1fox

Whats truly amazing Obama and the Democrats blamed all the worlds problems on the "Bush Tax cuts for the Rich.
They finally acknowleded the Bush tax cuts were for all tax paying American's , also agreed to extend them for to years --and guess what --when Business could finally plan and execute --185,000 jobs were added to the economy. Sadly Obama crows how HIS policies are working ????

bbsam

Staff member
Whats truly amazing Obama and the Democrats blamed all the worlds problems on the "Bush Tax cuts for the Rich.
They finally acknowleded the Bush tax cuts were for all tax paying American's , also agreed to extend them for to years --and guess what --when Business could finally plan and execute --185,000 jobs were added to the economy. Sadly Obama crows how HIS policies are working ????

What? No kudos for Obama'm middle class tax cut? You do remember that they did that don't you? Or are you too busy painting them as "tax and spend" that you forget when they do what you wanted in the first place?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
His policies are working, in China.

You're not too smart. Who outsourced all of those jobs to China? Why, that would be American business owners trying to make higher profits by using low-cost labor. Capitalism at work...in China. I've actually spent enough time in China to know what's going on. If you drive through many parts of the Pearl Delta region, you'll see what looks like an American industrial park, with almost all the big names of American companies plastered all over them.

Try sourcing from somewhere other than FOX, OK?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
You're not too smart. Who outsourced all of those jobs to China? Why, that would be American business owners trying to make higher profits by using low-cost labor. Capitalism at work...in China. I've actually spent enough time in China to know what's going on. If you drive through many parts of the Pearl Delta region, you'll see what looks like an American industrial park, with almost all the big names of American companies plastered all over them.

Try sourcing from somewhere other than FOX, OK?
which US companies helps to ship the plans for these buildings, the parts needed to make products in these buildings,and the end products to markets ?
( oh, by the way normally I don't watch Fox News, nor listen to Rush but since it upsets you I will now. )

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel
newgoplogo.gif

My eyes my eyes quick get me some bleech!!!!!!!!!!

Did ya ever get one of those emails titled some yhing like, " Look closely for the hidden object: ? The one that after you stare at it for a few seconds it quickly chanes to a monster's face and there is really loud scream. Scares the hell out of ya......well, that's just what happened to me with that picture.