The Holiday Fail

Meat

OK, genius. You obviously have it all figured out.

No, I don't. However, it should be noted, that I'm not the one giving "advice" to others on this board (other than telling people not to subscribe to your bull:censored2:, of course).

Your powers (and prospects) are weak, old man.

vantexan

Are you :censored2:ing kidding me? You think your providing some insightful information?

Here's a snippet of dialogue from my station that takes place on a daily basis:

SM: "How was your day?"

AEE (average express employee): "Just another day at the DEJ." - DEJ is the acronym the entire station has adopted for "dead end job."

SM (on a good day): "Yeah, I hear you."

SM (on a bad day): "Well, it's not company policy, but I will give you a good recommendation if you want to put me down as a reference, and start applying for other jobs."

AEE: DEAD SILENCE
I look on occasion at job openings on Indeed, Craigslist, etc. About the only thing that interests me is long distance truck driving. But too old with health issues to leave FedEx. Inspite of their dishonesty I do like the work, and they have one thing going for them over UPS, the ability to transfer. I'm at my last stop with FedEx, but I've used the transfer policy to live in some pretty interesting places. Problem is there's always people like you who mess up those places. Your emphasis seems to be only on the money, or am I wrong? If spending your life moving up the ladder, accumulating wealth and power is all it's about, no thanks. We all have X amount of years to do what's important to us, and a job like FedEx should only be a means to an end, not the end. It's a dead end for those who think their life has no meaning if they don't have the means to live it up. I truly hate that we were lied to. But I have goals that will happen because I hung in there. Guys like you can crow "loser" all day long, I'll have moved on to something else.

fedex_rtd

Memphis failed again to service the west coast, on Thursday night AGFS was scrambling to find enough drivers to move freight from the west coast hubs out to the stations. LOTS of freight was delivered to DGO stations on Friday morning.

One west coast sort facility was unloading trailers on Thursday night that had Wednesday commits in them.

whenIgetthere

We were delivering stuff on Saturday with Tuesday and Wednesday commit days, mostly Amazon.

We were as well, but there were a lot of perishables that had gone bad, and man did the those cans stink! We were told to take them out and have them refused, I told the Saturday manager I was leaving them behind. So after I did so, quite a few followed suit. A lot of couriers took that stuff on road, can only imagine the customers reaction.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
We were as well, but there were a lot of perishables that had gone bad, and man did the those cans stink! We were told to take them out and have them refused, I told the Saturday manager I was leaving them behind. So after I did so, quite a few followed suit. A lot of couriers took that stuff on road, can only imagine the customers reaction.
Yikes.

bacha29

Mr. Fedex: thank you for the plane info. I'm noairline expert but I do know that the A300's and 310s are still being used on passenger routes to this day. I wonder if Smith's stated resolve to reduce the number of air crew personel may be his way to get back at them because he finally had to sign a union contract with the APA.

Purplepackage

There was 11 of us on Saturday, senior decided we need to take out all the freight that came in sunday with out telling our manager to call more people in.

I feel bad for people but look, I'm not doing 100 stops on a Saturday route designed for 25 at the most. They sent half the frieght down the belt, I took my saturdays and left everything else that I knew I wouldn't make.

At this point if it gets there saturday or Monday its still late.

Purplepackage

We were delivering stuff on Saturday with Tuesday and Wednesday commit days, mostly Amazon.

Still plenty of Wednesday and thursdays sitting in my station, the ramp told us christmas eve that we were only missing a can. Turns out we were missing 3 J cans and 2 Demi's. Yeah just 1 can

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
About the only thing that interests me is long distance truck driving.
Just trust me on this, van - you don't even want to give this another moment's consideration - especially since you have health issues. OTR trucking is only going to exacerbate them. Even in the best of circumstances, it's a headache and a grind.

I used to think it would be kind of a cool thing. Now I know better.. ;)

Very appreciative of being able to cook in my own kitchen, relax on my own sofa, and sleep in my own bed in my own home every night - and unwind and just forget about all the little Prius-tards wandering about out on the highways for awhile.

BigTex61

I understand tommorrow we're supposed to get a ton of Thursday and Saturday freight. Plus all the stuff that came in Saturday we didn't have the manpower to get delivered.

Purplepackage

I understand tommorrow we're supposed to get a ton of Thursday and Saturday freight.

My manager said the Inbound was light like it typically is after Christmas but that isn't counting all of the undelivered freight we have from closed buisness and all the extra we got on Sunday so basically we are :censored2:ed

Purplepackage

Not to worry about not having enough planes, Amazon is working on buying they're own fleet, then let us deliver the last mile !!

I hope they make a whole operation, Express and ground deliver a whole lot of things that aren't amazon, they can't act like it would kill ups and fedex but it really won't and life will go on

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
There was 11 of us on Saturday, senior decided we need to take out all the freight that came in sunday with out telling our manager to call more people in.

I feel bad for people but look, I'm not doing 100 stops on a Saturday route designed for 25 at the most. They sent half the frieght down the belt, I took my saturdays and left everything else that I knew I wouldn't make.

At this point if it gets there saturday or Monday its still late.

We took Saturday's and the stuff that came in on Christmas. Manager said we had help if needed. Didn't need any. I only delivered 24 easy stops.

fatboy33

From what I've heard, they're saying Memphis hub had far worse weather this peak than did Louisville and that's why UPS was able to provide service.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
No, I don't. However, it should be noted, that I'm not the one giving "advice" to others on this board (other than telling people not to subscribe to your bull:censored2:, of course).

Your powers (and prospects) are weak, old man.

My "BS" is pretty much the same as what vantexan wrote of so eloquently. Those of us who made Mr. Smith's empire happen were lied to, :censored2: upon, and otherwise screwed. He killed retirement and profit sharing, and sliced away at our benefits until they were practically useless. A great job became a mediocre job, with terrible management who rewarded themselves handsomely for continuous failure.

Go stick a Kielbasa where it doesn't belong, loser.

fatboy33

Our West Coast station did well. Some worked on Friday but freight was minimal. We were even lucky enough to send drivers home early Thursday. Because of DRA, some of us actually look forward to peak. 10 years ago, my truck would have been filled to the gills. All four shelves and the floor 5 feet high with freight. This year, I had days when I only used two shelves and placed large boxes under those shelves leaving my truck resembling a Saturday route. Peak is no longer a thing to worry about because of DRA, with my route.