The Holiday Fail

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Or suggestions could be taken from people with no experience in such situations. I nominate you! You seem to have the answers.
I guess after 20 years of delivering and pickups I guess I still have yet to have any interaction with a customer.

How much customer interaction do you have at Station One?

Keep trying wiseass.

Cactus

Disdain for the customer? Stating a fact. A customer, during the busiest time of its year, does not want to make changes for one of his vendors when he is struggling to keep up. Sorry, but that's the way the world works.
Changes can be made before a holiday rush but then again this is FedEx. Always reactive, never proactive.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Perception is reality. The vendor shipped the customer's package, who doesn't get it on time. Customer complains. Who gets the blame? The shipping company, because they were too p*ssified to stand up to the offender and get the problem corrected. As management, you own that situation.

Nope. Vendor knows exactly what's going on, says they'll do better next time. Bigger issue at some customer locations than others. We take some of the blame, they try to do better. Peak 2014 was less of a problem than 2013 for that issue in this area, and 2015 was an improvement over 2014.

It's a case of how the world works vs how you think it should work.

59 Dano

I guess after 20 years of delivering and pickups I guess I still have yet to have any interaction with a customer.

How much customer interaction do you have at Station One?

Keep trying wiseass.

You talk to the shipping clerk? I'm impressed.

BoxStomper69

Goldmember
Yup, I had a decent sized blue box of dippin' dots on Xmas eve... The customer and I thought it was weird that it was being sent via ground instead of express... It did made it intact since he quickly opened it in front of me
I've delivered them (the 60 pounders) on a hot day in August at 2pm. It still arrived in a frozen state :speechless: They must know what they're doing, packaging that ice cream.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
You don't go to a major shipper's operation, announce that you are there to help them fix their deficiency, and watch the red carpet roll out, especially when they are overwhelmed and their top concern is to plow through as many orders as they can.

It doesn't work that way.
You, sir, are a failure at utilizing Fedex's magic wand. It's off to remedial training in the corporate QDM school of philosophy. Properly utilized, QDM would have this problem resolved .

59 Dano

You, sir, are a failure at utilizing Fedex's magic wand. It's off to remedial training in the corporate QDM school of philosophy. Properly utilized, QDM would have this problem resolved .

I swear, I don't know why they don't sic you guys on these issues.

Cactus

I swear, I don't know why they don't sic you guys on these issues.
Because any suggestions from the couriers always fall on deaf ears. The management is programmed by Memphis to do so.

You on the other hand are a wimp when it comes to problem solving.

59 Dano

Because any suggestions from the couriers always fall on deaf ears. The management is programmed by Memphis to do so.

Interesting concept. If I have employees who have good suggestions that will make their jobs easier, my job easier, and will be an overall improvement to the workgroup, why would I ignore them????

Wait, are we talking about actual suggestions that involve thought and analysis, or is this the usual "Cactus just stands around with his thumb up his rear end, complaining"?

You on the other hand are a wimp when it comes to problem solving.

I have a few money BZ's that say otherwise.

Cactus

Interesting concept. If I have employees who have good suggestions that will make their jobs easier, my job easier, and will be an overall improvement to the workgroup, why would I ignore them????

Wait, are we talking about actual suggestions that involve thought and analysis, or is this the usual "Cactus just stands around with his thumb up his rear end, complaining"?

I have a few money BZ's that say otherwise.
Listen Mr. Knowitall, the management is trained to ignore couriers for the most part and as always you just don't get it. So then this thought and analysis concept you rave about therefore goes down the tubes.

And as far as money BZ's go, I hope you didn't spend that 3 dollar McDonald's gift certificate all in one place. If you did get one I'm sure it was right before SFA time.

Last edited:

59 Dano

Listen Mr. Knowitall, the management is trained to ignore couriers for the most part and as always you just don't get it. So then this thought and analysis concept you rave about therefore goes down the tubes.

Ah, so the managers are trained to ignore suggestions that would make their jobs easier. Got it. Brilliant theory, Mr Logic.

And as far as money BZ's go, I hope you didn't spend that 3 dollar McDonald's gift certificate all in one place. If you did get one I'm sure it was right before SFA time.
$50 minimum, chump.

I appreciate your interest in responding to 90% of my posts, but try to have something to say, wouljda?

59 Dano

I was told by a manager that only managers got credit for ideas, after sharing one with him that was later implemented. Last time I made any suggestions.

That's the odd thing about this place. "I don't make suggestions because I don't get the credit."

But a few months ago I posted something about the best way to manage employees was to let them have input in their operation at work, and let them have all the credit for the success of the workgroup. "I don't care about getting credit because my pay isn't high enough."

I guess it depends on the day of the week.