The loss of Black Friday as a holiday.

PT Car Washer

They cut the crap out of routes, fired a ton of people and made 2 billion, on or around a couple years there. Any other company would have never done this, but not UPS. They slammed it down their throats.
Just like they are doing today. Instead of firing drivers, they are placing them on disability and hiring new drivers for $18.75/hr.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
They cut the crap out of routes, fired a ton of people and made 2 billion, on or around a couple years there. Any other company would have never done this, but not UPS. They slammed it down their throats.
So, with that in mind, we should trust them not to pervert the intent of a new classification of full time worker, opening Pandora's Box???

You can call it 22.4, but in reality it's a rebranding of 22.3 combo jobs, except this time instead of creating new opportunities, it will eliminate the former top prize.

No thanks.

Tony Q

So, with that in mind, we should trust them not to pervert the intent of a new classification of full time worker, opening Pandora's Box???

You can call it 22.4, but in reality it's a rebranding of 22.3 combo jobs, except this time instead of creating new opportunities, it will eliminate the former top prize.

No thanks.
I understand what you are saying but all RPCd's are going to be red circled. I know you don't want to hear this, but its in writing.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
And if you think they would have gotten the same contract waiting till the end of July 2008, there is a special kind of place for anyone who would think this.
We are in a booming economy with almost zero unemployment ,and you are saying we should be OK with the same contract that we got during the beginning of a recession?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I understand what you are saying but all RPCd's are going to be red circled. I know you don't want to hear this, but its in writing.
Red circled is great for those already there, but in light of the enormous growth realized in the past decade, what about RPCD positions going forward calculated by growth?

Tony Q

Red circled is great for those already there, but in light of the enormous growth realized in the past decade, what about RPCD positions going forward calculated by growth?
Anything that is vacated will be replaced in the red circle. That is all I can say at the moment without those cement shoes. I know you don't want to wait and I cant blame you, but you will have to wait just a little while longer.

Tony Q

The proposed starting PT rate of $13/hr is less then UPS is currently paying starting PT employees.
Oh, you are talking about in places like Utah, Seattle, New Your and other places with a higher minimum wage? Those places get not raises after this until the negotiated wages catch up.

Let me propose something to you. How about they don't raise your pension and start off the part timers at 15 an hour? Sixty dollars a year is pretty fair for a part time pension, isn't it? Do you really need the 65 dollars a year?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Anything that is vacated will be replaced in the red circle. That is all I can say at the moment without those cement shoes. I know you don't want to wait and I cant blame you, but you will have to wait just a little while longer.
Sounds like the 22.3 shell game all over again, but sure, I'll wait until next week (not by choice).

Word on the street is that the tentative agreement will be on UPS Rising sometime Tuesday?

Care to comment??....or am I breaking the news to you???

PT Car Washer

Oh, you are talking about in places like Utah, Seattle, New Your and other places with a higher minimum wage? Those places get not raises after this until the negotiated wages catch up.

Let me propose something to you. How about they don't raise your pension and start off the part timers at 15 an hour? Sixty dollars a year is pretty fair for a part time pension, isn't it? Do you really need the 65 dollars a year?
If you include the show up bonus the $15/hr is in a lot more places. And even then it is not enough to keep new employees. As far as my pension I never really planned on it increasing. $65/month per year and count all my years and It could mean an extra $500/mo. You are getting me hard.

Tony Q

Sounds like the 22.3 shell game all over again, but sure, I'll wait until next week (not by choice).

Word on the street is that the tentative agreement will be on UPS Rising sometime Tuesday?

Care to comment??....or am I breaking the news to you???
I’m sorry but you would be the last person to break any kinda news to me. I’ve been spot on since I got here. You know it, I know it. Happy travels.

RealPerson

We are in a booming economy with almost zero unemployment ,and you are saying we should be OK with the same contract that we got during the beginning of a recession?

It is actually even a smaller Raise percent wise.
For me, losing the DAT would take me about 16 weeks of $.83 to break even.
I know some full time that will be losing Much more.

We haven't heard anything on insurance yet.... uggg