The new plan,pt do p1

NC man

Did not know they were remapping areas,had 28 p1 Friday ,only one biz so had til noon for resi and took almost til noon. If my area gets larger that’s gonna be an issue

McFeely

Huge Member
Did not know they were remapping areas,had 28 p1 Friday ,only one biz so had til noon for resi and took almost til noon. If my area gets larger that’s gonna be an issue

My loop neighbor and I have 35-40 P1 each pretty much daily. I do 60+ miles for my P1 area so it’s a push nearly every day.

Stat41

We're also being told that we'll need to use the turn-by-turn directions and delivery sequence in the Leo. Evidently this is a huge push from upper management.

So much for route knowledge and efficiency.
Sounds like Dyslexic Route Assignment Part II.

Stat41

I was told by the engineer my route will be losing about 30%. As long as they want to pay me minimums, I can deal with going home at 1:00
Theyre not going to pay you minimums. They will give you an offer to come back in the evening and work on the offload. Or work your day off. Or work at an off-site location etc. And if you refuse they will claim you turned down the hours and cancel your minimum.

MassWineGuy

I learned what my new schedule will be Tuesday through Friday. Since I started here my start time was 3 pm. As of next Tuesday I’ll be noon to 6 mostly delivering P2s. If it actually works out to that, I’d be getting a couple of more hours per week than I do now. Each Monday would revert back to what I work now.

Change is stressful for me. So is a delivery route, although I’m experienced at it.

My family voiced strong support because it means I’ll be home earlier, so we can eat dinner at a reasonable hour.

Serf

I learned what my new schedule will be Tuesday through Friday. Since I started here my start time was 3 pm. As of next Tuesday I’ll be noon to 6 mostly delivering P2s. If it actually works out to that, I’d be getting a couple of more hours per week than I do now. Each Monday would revert back to what I work now.

Change is stressful for me. So is a delivery route, although I’m experienced at it.

My family voiced strong support because it means I’ll be home earlier, so we can eat dinner at a reasonable hour.
Forgive me if I forgot. Are you in Massachusetts?

MassWineGuy

Forgive me if I forgot. Are you in Massachusetts?

Somewhere in Massachusetts.

I had a ton of anxiety last night worrying about being able to succeed, about my senior manager saying they didn’t really say I could keep my old schedule, and if I had milk for my coffee.

Stat41

Somewhere in Massachusetts.

I had a ton of anxiety last night worrying about being able to succeed, about my senior manager saying they didn’t really say I could keep my old schedule, and if I had milk for my coffee.
I have observed that some people are going to succeed no matter where you put them, and some people are going to fail no matter where you put them. I believe you are a succeeder. (Insert George W. voice)

MassWineGuy

Thanks.

Today, for the third time in three days, my new route’s area was changed. It’s very much for the good, though, because it a town I’ve been doing daily for a few years. Area knowledge is vital.

Stat41

I have gotten a look at the map of how my route will change on the 29th. It appears that I will cover a little more territory than I am now. So it looks like I will have more area with less stops. The net difference appears I will be less productive and my day could actually be longer. I'm hoping against hope that at least we can get out of the building in time to make service. But who am I fooling? Time will tell.

NC man

I have gotten a look at the map of how my route will change on the 29th. It appears that I will cover a little more territory than I am now. So it looks like I will have more area with less stops. The net difference appears I will be less productive and my day could actually be longer. I'm hoping against hope that at least we can get out of the building in time to make service. But who am I fooling? Time will tell.
Have not been told the purpose of this adventure but rumors are it’s to cut back OT, if so having a loner day, bigger area makes no sense. Did your mgr say what the desired result is for this fiasco we are starting.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Have not been told the purpose of this adventure but rumors are it’s to cut back OT, if so having a loner day, bigger area makes no sense. Did your mgr say what the desired result is for this fiasco we are starting.
The eventual phase out of Express, in order to increase profit margin, in order for Fred to sell the company.

Fergus Mahoney

My station has hire 4 of the 15 they told us they would to handle this mid day shift. And those are just filling holes now open from people quitting. Probably just be shuttling this :censored2: out to us. So tired of the lack of leadership this bull:censored2: company has become. 🙄

Last edited:

Fergus Mahoney

At 10:30 I straight line. I give a frog's fat ass about their 12pm resi p1 bull:censored2: service. At the rate people are leaving I make the rules. They know I show up to work and get it done. Some of the new couriers will stop what they are doing at 530 and just bring deliveries back unattempted and ignore pups. It's the wild west.

Stat41

He said it was to improve service and it should cut the AM couriers to 8 hour days. I hope we can at least accomplish one of those, I am Ok with shorter days. But I think its going to be a real mess.

NC man

At 10:30 I straight line. I give a frog's fat ass about their 12pm resi p1 bull* service. At the rate people are leaving I make the rules. They know I show up to work and get it done. Some of the new couriers will stop what they are doing at 530 and just bring deliveries back unattempted and ignore pups. It's the wild west.
Yea ,the ignore pups unreal. Sat in Dec driver just signed off and went in and had a pup, they sent to me .Said not me ,took 80 out to help make Monday easier and this person only took sat del. Absurd. This company has definitely gone down hill over the years and getting worse.