The new plan,pt do p1

Fergus Mahoney

They easily could have just made couriers deliver pure cycles and keep everything the same rather than blow the whole thing up with half baked response idea. Hell alot of my P1 comes in the 2nd wave. There is something more to this than pushing customers to pay for P1 or cutting OT. Just wish they would be up front about it. Its disturbing what it has done to morale. We have had 24 call outs the last 2 days. It's miserable.

fatboy33

As well as increasing profit margin, we have a few bulk shippers/receivers who regularly get 1-5 P1, and 100+ SO letters daily, in the past they get them all in one delivery, now the P1 come in the morning on one route and the SO come late afternoon on a midday route. FedEx is trying to force it's hand on these shippers/receivers, unfortunately it's also affecting medical facilities, we have 4 hospitals that now get up to 3 express drivers daily. P1, SO, and midday. The hospitals are not happy. We've also been instructed to Deliver Walmart packages at designated times regardless if shipping closes, we were told "if they want it early, they'll have to pay for P1"
Yes, our Hospital driver says he's doing the PUP as the SO and late freight driver is arriving. I guess the company is forcing businesses to make a choice, either make every package a P1 or go with another deliver company for the same late afternoon service.

MAKAVELI

Yes, our Hospital driver says he's doing the PUP as the SO and late freight driver is arriving. I guess the company is forcing businesses to make a choice, either make every package a P1 or go with another deliver company for the same late afternoon service.
Fedex is getting greedy and shippers will start to go to UPS. They'll be glad to take the volume and deliver it all at the same time.

NC man

YeaI just noticed business sos is 1630 commit now.until these midday routes do pups I’m still getting ot because they can’t del and do all reg pups

Aquaman

Fedex is getting greedy and shippers will start to go to UPS. They'll be glad to take the volume and deliver it all at the same time.
Yep... couriers delivering all the freight in one stop, regardless of service IS the most productive solution. These idiots aren’t the ones that run routes everyday. It makes no sense to have a driver come in the AM to deliver P1, another driver come in the afternoon to deliver P2, and have him come back later that day for a pickup. That makes zero logistical sense. If the goal is to squeeze customers into using P1, I have a simpler solution..... increase cost of P2.....🤯

Stat41

Just a reminder, as of yesterday it has been a month since this "plan" has gone into affect. Anyone notice any improvements? We still don't have any of the new employees to fill the positions needed. And some existing employees have already left and I see a flood of tenured employees who are not going to go through another rough peak under this kind of insanity.

Fergus Mahoney

Just a reminder, as of yesterday it has been a month since this "plan" has gone into affect. Anyone notice any improvements? We still don't have any of the new employees to fill the positions needed. And some existing employees have already left and I see a flood of tenured employees who are not going to go through another rough peak under this kind of insanity.
Feeling I get is they are waiting to see what losing this freight to ground will do to volumes and stop counts. I think they are hoping for a restructuring of alot of routes. We had a few 30 year employees give their notice. They will hire $#!+heads to replace them.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I agree on all your points. No improvements whatsoever. We are still leaving the building every day around 10:00. We are also still rolling freight every day. Customers are still pissed off. Thank goodness I don’t have to deal with any of them. What a great way to service customers.

McFeely

Huge Member
I agree on all your points. No improvements whatsoever. We are still leaving the building every day around 10:00. We are also still rolling freight every day. Customers are still pissed off. Thank goodness I don’t have to deal with any of them. What a great way to service customers.

I don’t know if it’s just my station, but I have had zero lates all week. A couple days I was able to get 50 stops off before noon.

The biggest struggle at my station right now is staffing for the wave 2 routes. Our Wave 1 routes have done pretty good, aside from working 11 hour days.

Star B

White Lightening
I don’t know if it’s just my station, but I have had zero lates all week. A couple days I was able to get 50 stops off before noon.
I only have lates because all my commit times are before 10:01. It's been better the past two weeks but we are still failing due to issues outside of our stations control.

You can guess why I have lates. De Plane! Deee plane!!!

fatboy33

Feeling I get is they are waiting to see what losing this freight to ground will do to volumes and stop counts. I think they are hoping for a restructuring of alot of routes. We had a few 30 year employees give their notice. They will hire $#!+heads to replace them.
Fair point. I'm sure they see the demographics. There's a large number of vets very close to retirement. I'll say by 5 years time, a significant number will be retired and the employees left will average 7 to 9 years of service.