The ( OFFICIAL ) angry Contract results thread!

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
it’s not the leadership it’s the weak ass members. Complaining the contract is so bad but apparently it’s not so bad because they want to stay for the free medical, pension and industry leading pay the Union gets them. It’s obviously just an excuse to free load off the Union and stop paying dues. Idiots are cutting of their nose despite their face. The end of the Union is not Hoffa or Z or anyone else. Clearly it is these imbeciles that are too stupid to realize they were only 12,000 votes away from winning and planning to weaken the Union by not paying dues and withdrawing their right to vote. Amazing!
You blame the members, the member blame leadership. This will continue to go on and on, this is no different than the government we have now.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I dont think UPS wants TDU in office after election in 2021. That being said, I believe enough people on this site and at UPS alone will be threatening the union with withdrawing. I don't agree with it, but if it lights a fire under their ass by all means go for it.

I'm not advocating withdrawing from the union. I don't know what it would take to "force" the union back to the bargaining table. For now I'm signing the petition to try to pressure them to continue negotiations.

If Hoffa imposes this contract he will be finished along with his cronies in most of the locals that support him. If he goes back and brings another crap contract to vote and we cant vote it down by 2/3 majority under 50%, it will be our fault as members. He really should tread lightly and at least try to make an effort to save his buddies that backed him all these years IMO.

Article 12 does not explicitly state that there has to be another vote, even after further negotiations. Just that they can ratify, or negotiate new provisions.

Heavy Package

You blame the members, the member blame leadership. This will continue to go on and on, this is no different than the government we have now.

We as a Union have lost our minds with this contract. From no information, firing people on the committee with dissenting opinions, glossy propaganda info to all members, to the sell-out provisions that our Union negotiators put forth to the company.

Then, to top it all off, it gets voted down. The best contract ever, our leadership states! UPS releases a statement saying back to the table, and what does H&T do???? they put out a statement saying, unequivocally, that the contract is RATIFIED!

We will remember this moment our entire careers, whether 2018 is the last year we work for UPS or whether you just got hired on and now have limited UNION options for job advancement. When more and more non-union companies starting pay is 15% HIGHER than a Union job at UPS....

I am at a loss for words. A complete starting over of our Leadership is where the take back all begins for the Teamsters.

Ghost in the Darkness

We are all kuocks so to speak in this unfortunately. Our wife is sleeping with our boss and carrying on as if things are ok and this is the norm. Whats worse is she even rubs it in knowing there are no consequences... oh and btw, you found out they had a love child and your boss says he is ok for you to support and raise the kid. Also the kid is severly handicapped and hates your guts.

LagunaBrown

We are all kuocks so to speak in this unfortunately. Our wife is sleeping with our boss and carrying on as if things are ok and this is the norm. Whats worse is she even rubs it in knowing there are no consequences... oh and btw, you found out they had a love child and your boss says he is ok for you to support and raise the kid. Also the kid is severly handicapped and hates your guts.
That is deep.

Over disciplined0123

Driving to work today I was hoping was going to be like 1997. I was union steward for part timers and started at 12 am on Sunday night a received call from union President on way to work telling me get to work early and make sure no Teamster worker enters building because a strike has been set in motion at 1130pm ..

Over disciplined0123

Make it a fair fight. There is only 120,000 full time employees and 94,000 votes were I’m sure mostly from them. Part timers should either be counted as Half a vote. Or a separate contract

Undertow

it’s not the leadership it’s the weak ass members. Complaining the contract is so bad but apparently it’s not so bad because they want to stay for the free medical, pension and industry leading pay the Union gets them. It’s obviously just an excuse to free load off the Union and stop paying dues. Idiots are cutting of their nose despite their face. The end of the Union is not Hoffa or Z or anyone else. Clearly it is these imbeciles that are too stupid to realize they were only 12,000 votes away from winning and planning to weaken the Union by not paying dues and withdrawing their right to vote. Amazing! I am not kidding the vote no guys are passionate but the most uniformed stupid people I have seen in my career at UPS. You want new leadership but can not even demonstrate any amongst yourselves. They are really a bunch of anarchists thinking they are an activists!
And just how many of "They" did you actually interact with before making such a declaration? All 50,000 plus of them? Half that amount? No wait...Not even 5% of that? Could it be...Not even 1/100th of 1% of them?

70% of UPS hourlies voted to move on from Hoffa and his do-nothing, do-wrong cronies in the last general election and they had plenty of rational basis for doing so. It wasn't simply a case of any "want" of new leadership, they wanted it enough that they not only voted in favor of someone else, many of them began organizing and actively campaigning for the very "someone else" who dared run against Hoffa. That's hardly anarchism and if you really had met and talked to each and every one of them rather than continually attempting to talk down to them you might begin to understand and possibly acknowledge there's a difference.