The ( OFFICIAL ) angry Contract results thread!

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by Time for change, Oct 5, 2018.

1. BigBrown87

BigBrown87 If it’s brown, it’s going down

You blame the members, the member blame leadership. This will continue to go on and on, this is no different than the government we have now.

2. MAKAVELI

MAKAVELI Well-Known Member

Apathy is the greatest threat to American unions.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  3. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

Yes. I also reminded others to vote.

4. zubenelgenubi

zubenelgenubi Well-Known Member

I'm not advocating withdrawing from the union. I don't know what it would take to "force" the union back to the bargaining table. For now I'm signing the petition to try to pressure them to continue negotiations.

Article 12 does not explicitly state that there has to be another vote, even after further negotiations. Just that they can ratify, or negotiate new provisions.

5. Heavy Package

Heavy Package Well-Known Member

We as a Union have lost our minds with this contract. From no information, firing people on the committee with dissenting opinions, glossy propaganda info to all members, to the sell-out provisions that our Union negotiators put forth to the company.

Then, to top it all off, it gets voted down. The best contract ever, our leadership states! UPS releases a statement saying back to the table, and what does H&T do???? they put out a statement saying, unequivocally, that the contract is RATIFIED!

We will remember this moment our entire careers, whether 2018 is the last year we work for UPS or whether you just got hired on and now have limited UNION options for job advancement. When more and more non-union companies starting pay is 15% HIGHER than a Union job at UPS....

I am at a loss for words. A complete starting over of our Leadership is where the take back all begins for the Teamsters.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. Ghost in the Darkness

Ghost in the Darkness Well-Known Member

We are all kuocks so to speak in this unfortunately. Our wife is sleeping with our boss and carrying on as if things are ok and this is the norm. Whats worse is she even rubs it in knowing there are no consequences... oh and btw, you found out they had a love child and your boss says he is ok for you to support and raise the kid. Also the kid is severly handicapped and hates your guts.

7. LagunaBrown

LagunaBrown Well-Known Member

That is deep.

8. Bubblehead

Bubblehead My Senior Picture

....and a fitting analogy.

9. Over disciplined0123

Over disciplined0123 Active Member

Wait it will come

10. Over disciplined0123

I did drink a beer then 2 then 3 then 4 then 5 then 6 then7 then 8. Should I keep going

11. 5 is good

12. Over disciplined0123

Haha. On a weekday yes I agree

13. Over disciplined0123

Driving to work today I was hoping was going to be like 1997. I was union steward for part timers and started at 12 am on Sunday night a received call from union President on way to work telling me get to work early and make sure no Teamster worker enters building because a strike has been set in motion at 1130pm ..

14. Over disciplined0123

Make it a fair fight. There is only 120,000 full time employees and 94,000 votes were I’m sure mostly from them. Part timers should either be counted as Half a vote. Or a separate contract

15. Over disciplined0123

Respect

16. Overpaid Union Thug

Overpaid Union Thug Well-Known Member

I've been saying that for years. But people aren't apathetic about their fantasy football leagues. No Sir. Priorities......priorities.

17. zubenelgenubi

zubenelgenubi Well-Known Member

If you offered a thousand dollar prize to a randomly selected voter, you'd probably get a better turn out.

18. Undertow

Undertow Member

And just how many of "They" did you actually interact with before making such a declaration? All 50,000 plus of them? Half that amount? No wait...Not even 5% of that? Could it be...Not even 1/100th of 1% of them?

70% of UPS hourlies voted to move on from Hoffa and his do-nothing, do-wrong cronies in the last general election and they had plenty of rational basis for doing so. It wasn't simply a case of any "want" of new leadership, they wanted it enough that they not only voted in favor of someone else, many of them began organizing and actively campaigning for the very "someone else" who dared run against Hoffa. That's hardly anarchism and if you really had met and talked to each and every one of them rather than continually attempting to talk down to them you might begin to understand and possibly acknowledge there's a difference.