sandwich

The resident gearhead
Not an issue here. Working off the clock before your start time isn't going to fly here.

Who wants to give away 12k a year???
Idiots. We have a couple tards who do that. They don't care how much money they make. They just want to be off by 4. They run and gun all day. Work through lunch and breaks and throw a fit like a little kid if forced to help. They are awesome to work with.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Idiots. We have a couple tards who do that. They don't care how much money they make. They just want to be off by 4. They run and gun all day. Work through lunch and breaks and throw a fit like a little kid if forced to help. They are awesome to work with.
Apparently, they are everywhere.

I'll never understand it. This isn't a 9-5 job. You can't run at dull speed , you will never make it too long as a driver if you do.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Apparently, they are everywhere.
There's always a few. We had a long time driver back in the day who used to do this. He was warned by management to stop. He laughed at them saying he was a teamsters blah blah blah. Management went to the union. Told them what he was doing. The BA came in the next day and told the driver he could be terminated for it and they won't fight for his job. He stopped.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
You sound like a supervisor
@upschuck
you-are-so-busted-chacha.jpg

Gear

Parts on Order
I hate when drivers mention their seniority. Like having a certain amount of years means anything to me. A package car is a package car. I dont care who's driving.

Its always the same goof balls too. "Yes, I know you have 32 years in. Next year you'll have 33. Yes, yes, I know. Go away. " I don't need reminded everytime you have a problem.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Most drivers are prima donnas. I have worked both jobs, and there is absolutely no reason to think you are better than the other position. Both positions have their own difficulties to deal with on any typical day. Physically, preload has the harder job, mentally/emotionally, the driver has the harder job.

The primary difference between the two is that one is a career while the other is just a job.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I hate when drivers mention their seniority. Like having a certain amount of years means anything to me. A package car is a package car. I dont care who's driving.

Its always the same goof balls too. "Yes, I know you have 32 years in. Next year you'll have 33. Yes, yes, I know. Go away. " I don't need reminded everytime you have a problem.

Grease Monkees

Smh!!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Don’t let them fool you. In most states you are covered under Workmans Comp from the moment you’re on UPS property until the moment you leave.

We had a driver who hurt his shoulder while sorting his car before start time. While his injuries were covered by comp, the ride to the hospital and one sided conversation our center manager had with him along the way were not.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We have several FT folks that work preload.

And just because you make more, doesn't give you a right to belittle someone. I'm sure you know how important a good loader can be.

Absolutely but that doesn't change the fact that, for the most part, PTers don't think of their jobs as their careers.

upschuck

Absolutely but that doesn't change the fact that, for the most part, PTers don't think of their jobs as their careers.
They do if they are in it for the long run. Most drivers started as a pter somewhere in the operation.

Some people don't think driving pc as a career either.