DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
Not possible with my pull.
Every truck bricked out floor-to-ceiling and cab-to-back door every day.
And certainly not pulling them out of the truck, need every single square foot of building space for stack out, both my own and all the crap people up the belt have missed.

Somehow this one guy up the belt in particular always misses his oversized stuff everyday, he just "didn't see it."
Pretty sure he just lets it flow to me b/c he doesn't want to deal with it in the moment.
I’ve covered routes like that before. Stuff was left in the building to be brought out later. I’m not riding around with a dolly in the cab.

Hot Carl

How's preload been doing?
Training for new hires hasn't changed much as far as I can see. Supe goes "There's the truck, there's the number. Have at it."

Really though it all boils down to how much the loader actually gives a :censored2: and applies themself. I covered a route last week that had a girl loading it who wasn't even past her 30 days yet and her loads were some of the cleanest I've ever seen.

takesteady

Last Saturday some drivers didn’t leave until 11. I :censored2: you not. I was one of the only preloaders who showed up, I think I ended up loading like 10 trucks or something like that. God I’m not looking forward to tomorrow.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Lol
zKK8O5.gif

Gabba

It's a vicious cycle
I've worked preload, it's not the loaders' fault. there's just not enough time to load 3 trucks and make it look pretty. maybe if the packages came down the belt in the order they're supposed to go on the truck, but at the pace it goes with the number of people they give and the section supervisors only caring about their own numbers to hell with anyone else it's a fool's errand. the job is the job and we get paid by the hour.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
I've worked preload, it's not the loaders' fault. there's just not enough time to load 3 trucks and make it look pretty. maybe if the packages came down the belt in the order they're supposed to go on the truck, but at the pace it goes with the number of people they give and the section supervisors only caring about their own numbers to hell with anyone else it's a fool's errand. the job is the job and we get paid by the hour.
It’s not always the loader’s fault, but sometimes it is. Some of them just are not worth a damn.

PT Car Washer

It’s not always the loader’s fault, but sometimes it is. Some of them just are not worth a damn.
If the loader is no good then why did management qualify him? Because there was no one else who wanted the job. Never used to be like that when preloaders made $.50/hr less then drivers after 90 days.

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
3? This isn't the 80's. 4 minimum.