Hot Carl

Selective tossing is a luxury for more sane production standards.
We don't selectively toss. They all get tossed.
I always test boxes before they get tossed. If it feels like anything liquid or fragile, it gets slid across the floor instead. Anything else means me yelling "Kobe" as it leaves my hand.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
I always test boxes before they get tossed. If it feels like anything liquid or fragile, it gets slid across the floor instead. Anything else means me yelling "Kobe" as it leaves my hand.
You can admit throwing everything. Unless your name is Carl. We have a Carl in our center. Meet me in my office tomorrow morning before preload start. Bring your steward.

AwashBwashCwash

My favorite is getting a 140 pound package and just straight dropping it to the floor and feeling the whole truck bounce with a deafening BOOOM.
Have put a few dents in the floors with that maneuver. My little way of saying ":censored2: you"

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Considering how I had 2 damages and 2 leakers come down to me today. I would hope they would treat the customer items a bit nicer. I'm not advocating you bend over to gently ladle a package on the floor any time soon and add extra tension to your back/knees but for friend* sake the vast majority of packages should be hand-surface with the exception of a few that get rolled, slid, dropped less than 1.5 feet, etc in order to reduce body strain.

And stop tossing bags into the back of the shelf smdh nobody knows what it is anymore, not you, not the driver, sort the damn bag like everything else.

Plus I don't know how anybody who sorts bags on the floor is going to make it to retirement if they bend over hundereds of times to pick up a 1 pound item.

Last edited:

542thruNthru

I wonder how many preloaders use a helicopter to get to work.

I know of at least 4 but there are spots in the parking lot for more. You're hub doesn't have helicopter parking?
sketch-1588364608988.jpg

AwashBwashCwash

Considering how I had 2 damages and 2 leakers come down to me today. I would hope they would treat the customer items a bit nicer. I'm not advocating you bend over to gently ladle a package on the floor any time soon and add extra tension to your back/knees but for friend* sake the vast majority of packages should be hand-surface with the exception of a few that get rolled, slid, dropped less than 1.5 feet, etc in order to reduce body strain.

And stop tossing bags into the back of the shelf smdh nobody knows what it is anymore, not you, not the driver, sort the damn bag like everything else.

Plus I don't know how anybody who sorts bags on the floor is going to make it to retirement if they bend over hundereds of times to pick up a 1 pound item.

We do whatever we want on preload because we are UPS royalty.
Management knows that without us the wheels don't turn.
It's hard enough to get people to show up at 3:30 AM, much less people who can handle their insane production expectations and avoid injury.
You think they are gonna give me :censored2: because I slammed a box and made a leaker?
No.
The center manager will take it to the damage table for me and he will apologize to me for getting in my way as he walks by.
I'm not saying I damage things on purpose, but preload isn't a nice place. Things happen.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
We do whatever we want on preload because we are UPS royalty.
Management knows that without us the wheels don't turn.
It's hard enough to get people to show up at 3:30 AM, much less people who can handle their insane production expectations and avoid injury.
You think they are gonna give me :censored2: because I slammed a box and made a leaker?
No.
The center manager will take it to the damage table for me and he will apologize to me for getting in my way as he walks by.
I'm not saying I damage things on purpose, but preload isn't a nice place. Things happen.

You’re disposable just like the rest of the part timers
Don’t be so full of yourself

Doing time

Preloader task 1 - put driver cart in cab.

Preloader task 2 - load as much crap as humanly possible directly behind the bulkhead so the cart can't fit back through. Despite plenty of space further back. Genius.