The Postal Reform Act Of 2022

bacha29

The PRA went flying through the House with passage in the Senate almost guaranteed. You have to wonder what a reenergized and streamlined USPS could mean for things like Smart Post and the UPS version of it?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Just like all of your other posts. They contain too nothing.
Your thread is a nothingburger.
It's not my fault you can't comprehend why that is. Let me help to get you caught up with reality...

50 billion in "savings", 49.6 billion of it from pushing retirees onto Medicare, and removing the mandate to prefund pensions. That's the kind of fake "savings" you get from these (pseudo) governmental agencies.

You're not going to see operational changes from this, it's just politically clever math so they can show profit on paper.

bbsam

Staff member
Crickets huh? Fifty billion dollars in savings to the USPS might get pretty loud. The crickets part might be the sound of the UPS and Fedex belts that aren't running because the post office has reclaimed market share.
Honestly Smartpost is crap. There is no money being made on it. I don’t think FedEx would care much.

bacha29

Thanks for the laugh.
We'll see who's laughing at the end. The bill absolves the USPS from having to fulfill prepaid pension and healthcare obligations decades in advance. It also establishes performance standards including the retention of the standard 6 days a week service. So you they me parcel industry expert .....why do you think that these measure will not improve the standing of the USPS?

bacha29

Your thread is a nothingburger.
It's not my fault you can't comprehend why that is. Let me help to get you caught up with reality...

50 billion in "savings", 49.6 billion of it from pushing retirees onto Medicare, and removing the mandate to prefund pensions. That's the kind of fake "savings" you get from these (pseudo) governmental agencies.

You're not going to see operational changes from this, it's just politically clever math so they can show profit on paper.
Being that you're just a package handler every package the USPS reclaims means one less package going down the belt for you to pull off and load which could mean that you won't always get your 25 hours a week.
Furthermore, the changes you speak of are what? They're savings that can be used to meet the service improvements that will be required .

bacha29

Honestly Smartpost is crap. There is no money being made on it. I don’t think FedEx would care much.
Smart Post does help to fill in quite a number of empty rural miles . Might not make anything but it might help to pay the cost of running all those millions of sparsely populated rural America miles.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
. It also establishes performance standards including the retention of the standard 6 days a week service. So you they me parcel industry expert .....why do you think that these measure will not improve the standing of the USPS?
Most intelligible part of your post!

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Being that you're just a package handler every package the USPS reclaims means one less package going down the belt for you to pull off and load which could mean that you won't always get your 25 hours a week.
Furthermore, the changes you speak of are what? They're savings that can be used to meet the service improvements that will be required .
What an ignorant post.
Typical for you.

UPS can barely handle the volume they have.
You don't have any idea what you're talking about little lady.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
We'll see who's laughing at the end. The bill absolves the USPS from having to fulfill prepaid pension and healthcare obligations decades in advance. It also establishes performance standards including the retention of the standard 6 days a week service. So you they me parcel industry expert .....why do you think that these measure will not improve the standing of the USPS?
They're working 7 days a week, and you think mandating that they work at least 6 days a week is going to take volume away from competitors...
What are you smoking?

bacha29

They're working 7 days a week, and you think mandating that they work at least 6 days a week is going to take volume away from competitors...
What are you smoking?
Their express operation runs 7 days a week. Standard service to all zip will remain 6 days.
The thing I noticed about you is that you NEVER make an original post. Always offering nothing but responses simply for the sake of making a response.. Ones that offer the same pointlessness and lack of insight. Now if the rest of us didn't post original content that would have nothing to do . Important since you package handlers only get normally 25 hours tops.

Now being that you're the most well informed package handler on this site, I'm surprised that you failed to notice ( not the first time) that under the bill the USPS will be free to offer just about any other product and or service for which they can get state and or federal approval provided that it's profitable to do so. There's also something else you failed to observe.

AT ONE TIME THE US POSTAL SERVICE WAS A BANK!

That's right. It was at one time a banking services company. Pretty limited in what it could offer but it did offer them.
If they can get approval to return and expand those services you might just see your local post office someday becoming a one stop shipping, banking and financial services center. Been talked about for quite some time.

So when the floor of your house trailer rusts out and you have to get something better perhaps your loan might just be obtained from the US Postal Service.