KevinWhipaloo

This is serious, maybe I should have made a separate thread on it

I want to report it and I do feel the threat had some legitimate merit behind it

The problem is that he already has a criminal record, and I'm worried he might pursuit me if he gets terminated

If he doesn't get terminated then I could have a bad reputation

Alamo Joe

Pre loaders nowadays don’t have a clue. Try no chart knowledge and keeping up with stop counts. We didn’t have all the misloads y’all do either.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member

I want to report it and I do feel the threat had some legitimate merit behind it

The problem is that he already has a criminal record, and I'm worried he might pursuit me if he gets terminated

Again, we need some context here.
People don't (generally) walk up to another person and start threatening them for absolutely nothing.
What was the situation?

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Pre loaders nowadays don’t have a clue. Try no chart knowledge and keeping up with stop counts. We didn’t have all the misloads y’all do either.
Y'all also didn't have the piece count we do.
Pretending the job has gotten easier is like pretending package car driving has gotten easier.

--It hasn't.
The job has changed, and they have replaced (in both cases), some of the skill that used to be required with more muscle.

That's all.
Drivers now have maps, but they are expected to run off lots more stops.
Preloaders get told where boxes go, but are expected to load more.

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
Y'all also didn't have the piece count we do.
Pretending the job has gotten easier is like pretending package car driving has gotten easier.

--It hasn't.
The job has changed, and they have replaced (in both cases), some of the skill that used to be required with more muscle.

That's all.
Drivers now have maps, but they are expected to run off lots more stops.
Preloaders get told where boxes go, but are expected to load more.
especially when it's "pieces" and they blatantly ignore the weight. Most of the time those knobheads are off the street rats.

JJinVA

Someone at work threatened to hit me today, I don't know if I should do something about it or not.

Will UPS terminate this person if I do report it?

Just kill 'em. When you get out of the penn you'll have street cred and respek and ppl will know not to talk to you like that.

Or just report him to HR and get him fired either way will probably solve the problem

Infamous

preload is obviously more than loading your poop colored truck. I have the pleasure of dealing with the irreg packages. Pain is pleasure right.. but they need me to help out unload, drive the irreg train unload it. but then I gotta go help in da. help with recycle. it will only be my 3rd yr July, but people think I've been there for 10yrs. i have more bldg knowledge than most of the sups.

You sound like the rest of them.

Infamous

How common is it for people to try to intimidate new-comers? I worked with a different supervisor and he tried to tell me everything I was doing was wrong, then proceeded to stop to talk to me and tell me I was going too slow, tried to pressure me to get everything.

Other co-workers tried to make jokes, asking if they would see me the next day and what not. Is this common at this position or are they singling me out? My regular supervisor loves me and the co-workers I usually work it treat me well, just a few that are trying to get to me I suppose.

They just being :censored2:s. When you stop caring they will leave you alone

Poop Head

Judge me.

He might just be trying to flirt, and is really bad at it? Next time this happens, whip it out and see where it goes

KevinWhipaloo

I've pulled 8+ hour shifts the last two weeks, worked 12 out of 14 days, and now my body is feeling. My feet and hands are sore and my legs are tight, am I poorly recovering or abusing my body too much?

Is this typical during peak?

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
I've pulled 8+ hour shifts the last two weeks, worked 12 out of 14 days, and now my body is feeling. My feet and hands are sore and my legs are tight, am I poorly recovering or abusing my body too much?

First job doing physical labor? Your body will adapt to the increased workload or it will crumble. UPS is a meat grinder, only the strong survive.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member

Enjoy that paycheck, brother.
UPS likes to whiplash change part timers from 3.5 hours to full time.
Make the money while you can.

Gloves if you aren't using them. Otherwise your hands will start to split bad.
The pain will go away after a while, leaving a numb fatigue.

Make sure they're paying you OT after 5.

This would be my 4th month doing this, never felt as worse as this
Two things I figured out. Working at ups is like endurance weightlifting. The only reason why preloaders don't get cut as hell is because most preloaders don't realize that when you are pushing weight for four hours five days a week, your body nutrition needs change radically and you can't out excercise a bad diet.

1. Next time you go to the store pick up some whey protein powder. You're feeling wrecked because you've been going to work and basically lifting weights for 4 damn hrs. The protein needs of your body have gone way up and that's why you feel so run down all the time. Within a couple days you will feel the difference.
2. Get some glucosamine and chondroitin vitamin supplements. It will help your joints recover from the strain you put them under by the lifting you're doing.

Last edited:

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Next time you go to the store pick up some whey protein shake and some glucosamine and chondroitin vitamin supplements.
Lol.
Or.
And this is just a thought.
The preloaders can stop grabbing things out of the vending machine.
Bring an apple to work.
Eat real food instead of garbage.
Don't need all that stuff you're talking about.
Apart from that, I agree with the general idea.