Things seem to be settling down ---agree or disagree?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
It sure seems like it to me. Has the novelty of protesting worn off?
If you view protesting as a novelty we have different ideas about what makes this country great.
Thousands of people assembled less than two days ago to protest.... I'd say it's a little too soon to assume the opposition to fascism is done.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
But constantly protesting is wearing people who do the protesting and the good will of the general population down .
There are just too many cause to protest against , you just can't win every war .
They will have to step back and pick a battle that they can win .
In order to survive .

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
But constantly protesting is wearing people who do the protesting and the good will of the general population down.
They're not constantly protesting, they're reacting to one thing at a time. It's all they can do.
you just can't win every war .
In order to survive .
Considering the past 70 years of this country's history, I'd say you can't win any wars at all. Maybe winning isn't the point anymore......

gman042

Been around the block a few times
They're not constantly protesting, they're reacting to one thing at a time. It's all they can do.

Reacting is the key word. They are reacting without any discernible process of thought. Their protests are in vain and a waste of time and resources. They cannot change what has been done and what will be done.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
But constantly protesting is wearing people who do the protesting and the good will of the general population down .
There are just too many cause to protest against , you just can't win every war .
In order to survive .

A corrupt government needs to be both questioned and countered. Releasing the taxes and divesting would shut a lot of us up.

rod

Retired 22 years
Weekend protests seem to be hanging in there but week day protests are sure down. Who knows--maybe some of them do have jobs.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
It sure seems like it to me. Has the novelty of protesting worn off?
tumblr_ojn2xhhRBy1r83d7lo1_400.gif

rod

Retired 22 years
I just noticed the title says "agree or diagree". Can a mod fix that to "disagree" before the spelling police take to the streets in protest.

rickyb

No it isn't.
Maybe your job but not mine.
when citizens dont pursue their self interests in the free market of democracy is when it ceases to function.

trumps not gonna make america great again, the country has decayed regardless of which republican or democrat was in office. these trends are bigger than any president. plus many of trumps cabinet members are more swampy than obamas which were quite swampy.

the only thing that will save your country is when the citizens get involved via protest and other means.

rod

Retired 22 years
I just noticed the title says "agree or diagree". Can a mod fix that to "disagree" before the spelling police take to the streets in protest.

That's the first post I have ever reported since joining in 2001---and its my own--- to get spelling corrected. That's called having a thick skin.