Too Much OT Or None At All

Foamer Pyle

Apparently management is as giddy as schoolgirls and is popping champagne corks. According to a part time EAM driver who has decided to retire in early 2019 her center manager said everybody better fill their banks now while they can because they will be incentivized to eliminate as much overtime as they can twist out of the new language. You got a guarantee of 8 you will get 8 you gotta guarantee of 4 you get 4. Check those supplements real close. All those 22.4 get a guaranteed 8 and the work will have to come from somewhere.

Too much OT or none at all. Once this passes there is no going back.
I am fine working 8 hours. No car payment, and a low mortgage. I don’t carry a bunch of debt, and really don’t need to take home $1500 every week. I know some folks need the extra money, but getting home after 8pm or 9pm every day is ridiculous.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I am fine working 8 hours. No car payment, and a low mortgage. I don’t carry a bunch of debt, and really don’t need to take home $1500 every week. I know some folks need the extra money, but getting home after 8pm or 9pm every day is ridiculous.
Overtime should be offered in seniority order. It really wouldn't be that hard to dispatch it that way.

Give it to those of us that want it.

WTFm8

That was always my mindset. The checks are nice but the damage can't be undone in most cases.

2/3 of this year has been 54-59hr weeks with 3-8hrs on Saturdays.

Nothing like working a 9.5-10.5hr dispatch then staying to help local sort. 8:45am-10:30pm frequently.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
2/3 of this year has been 54-59hr weeks with 3-8hrs on Saturdays.

Nothing like working a 9.5-10.5hr dispatch then staying to help local sort. 8:45am-10:30pm frequently.

If you don’t want to work local sort after driving go home

What’s stopping you?

Slug Life

When do we eat?

What’s stopping you?
If a TCD and that’s his normal job. Here they would make him double shift. Same as pre-loading then having to run a full route right afterwards.
Again that’s standard practice in the Southern Region.

Slug Life

When do we eat?
If a TCD and that’s his normal job. Here they would make him double shift. Same as pre-loading then having to run a full route right afterwards.
Again that’s standard practice in the Southern Region.
My advice stay out later driving and making more money at that rate.

WTFm8

IDK wtf I’m considered. I applied to a “Fulltime Package Delivery Job” position and went in for the interview a few days later and went over driving experience, etc.

Told me at end to finish 2nd stage of application for setting up direct deposit/taxes and DOT physical was next day and driving test around building. Logged back in to finish up and application online suddenly showed AM sort as title. Been there 10 months and drove peak through mid Jan then since March through current all but probably 3 weeks.

WTFm8

What’s stopping you?

Threats of gross insubordination/not working as directed from building manager/supervisors. BA says it’s only that if I don’t stay after working route.

Management constantly says it for having covers come in on days off forcing to work preload or local at the low inside rate when we applied to a job that were told $18.75 base rate.