Turkey Coupon/Calendar

badpal

Best idea ups ever had at a extended center like ours especially if you got lucky and had warm december. Those that left them laying around for 3 or 4 days before somebody yelled at them to take them home. No little hr elves here either. Just a pile of turkeys to trip over.

feeder53

ADKtrails
Turkeys here in Upstate NY were on sale just before Thanksgiving at Price Chopper, for $0.49 per pound so that would have paid for a good size bird.

toeknee2gx

Life must be good if we can find time to complain about receiving a $15 coupon towards a turkey.

The communications explained that the reason was that the distributer was having business problems and could not fulfill our order. (or something like that)

To complain about a company that issued $6 million in coupons just doesn't seem right.

BTW, I would have preferred a turkey instead of the coupon but I understand and am still thankful.

P-Man

:peaceful: +1

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Favrefan sorry to see a guy thats been here for 15 yrs so offended!! tell your sad turkey story to a guy who got a pink slip today and his job got outsourced to China or India and he's got a wife & kids to tend to!! Take that coupon and find a family on your rte that could use it because I'm sure they won't be hard to find!!! thank GOD you have a job!!!!!

Dutch Dawg

All of my informtion on this topic to date has derived from this forum. My immediate supervisor has had no information on this topic or at least he claims.

I have yet to see any turkey voucher or any official information on this, in spite of several conversations containing inquiry.

Does anyone know without a doubt that we will not be taxed on this $15 voucher as income?

If that is to be the case I intend to refuse the voucher as the Company need not tell me how to spend my taxable income.

ups79

All of my informtion on this topic to date has derived from this forum. My immediate supervisor has had no information on this topic or at least he claims.

I have yet to see any turkey voucher or any official information on this, in spite of several conversations containing inquiry.

Does anyone know without a doubt that we will not be taxed on this $15 voucher as income?

If that is to be the case I intend to refuse the voucher as the Company need not tell me how to spend my taxable income.

Is this really a complaint? Maybe you could file on this.

drewed

Shankman

I dont think techically its income because its given to you not as cash and its given to the store not as cash, you give it to the store and the store mails in to UPS to recover the money

dragracer66

Thanks for the turkey UPS.

I bought a 14.4 pound turkey at $0.79/pound for $11.38 and got the full $15 taken off the grocery bill ... I'm a happy guy!

Ain't life great?
Try this....I bought a can of turkey spam while food shopping on sun. When I checked out I just gave them all of our coupons and the every coupon came off including the $15 coupon!!!!!
Then on the way out the door I donated the spam turkey to the goodwill drop box!!!!!

bears2

who gets paid well...i don`t...i didn`t get a turkey last year either

I have no idea what you get paid an hour but i know for a fact every single upser gets paid well on the hour for the time they have been there.I know for a fact,100% that every single upser gets great benefits for the time they have been there. If you are a new hire and you feel your not paid well,i have great news for you,its not too late to quit an find a better job.If your a long time upser then your just a cry baby who doesnt know what he has til it may be gone. I have no respect for anyone who looks a gift horse (and a well paying job like ups) in the mouth. Be grateful,theres a long list of people who would literally give anything to have a job at ups.

Merry Christmas !

bears2

Someone told me they were only handing out the cards this year because there was a problem with one of their distributors. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

We have gotten turkey cards for 15.00 every year for the last 4-5 years here in the louisville air district.I normally give mine to someone who could possibly use it more than myself. Guess the air district has gotten to big to keep 10k turkeys in a truck i dont know.Regardless,as i have stated before, Im much more grateful for the job i have than the turkey they give this turkey !
Merry Christmas !

FAVREFAN

Well apparently I was wrong. Everyone is happy with the $15 turkey coupon except me. Just curious here.....does anyone here really understand the concept of profiting $5Billion dollars during a year in which we are enveloped in the worst recession of our lifetimes? It's still coming in fast and strong compared to other sectors. And as far as being thankful for our jobs......that's because they need to use you now. Anyone who's been around knows what's coming in January and it won't be like any past January this time.

FAVREFAN

favrefan posted "I've been with the company over 15 years but less than 20(protecting myself), and I have to say that I have never felt so offended, and disrespected as I was on Friday when I received my "Holiday Turkey Coupon". "

Are you joking? "offended and disrespected" by being given a gift? You really have quite the sense of entitlement.

BTW, my local Hannaford has frozen turkeys on sale for $0.99/lb. Last year the UPS turkeys were about 13-14 pounds so what are you losing?

Be thankful you have a well-paying job that is more secure than most others. BTW, last time I checked, unemployment was around 6% and rising. The Labor Department said last week that initial applications for jobless benefits rose to 573,000, the highest reading since November 1982. Chapter 7 filings rose 40% to 679,982 in the 12 months that ended Sept. 30.

You still feeling "offended and disrespected"?
To answer your last question. YES!!!!!!!!!!!!
How about this smart guy. I joined Old Country Buffets email listing a few years back. For doing so, I receive a free $11.85 buffet each year on my birthday, an $11.85 buffet for my fiance's birthday and another for my sign up aniversary date. So a company that I have no affiliation with, am not employed by or related to in any way, sends me $35.55 in free food/gift certicates each year. And oh yeah, they pay the tax, provide me as many drinks as I need/want and cook it for me too!
$15. I'm even more pissed off now. Thanks for reviving my anger.

I'mTheMan

I had it on other threat post but we had a PCM today and would be issued turkey coupon like card thing to buy at the store. This is the first time that UPS is doing so by saving money?

8up

where else would a gift of appreciation stir up such ill will? i've always liked the link to the old times, yeah wish the company was still handing out a gold coin. at the current exchange rate it woud only be a speck of gold dust.
i read an article on this topic this past summer regarding the difficulty turkey ranchers were facing with the increased cost of feed, which was due to the higher demand on the corn due to the increased prices since it was being moved to the ethenol processing plants. the article mentioned that some companies, those that would even consider to continue to offer a gift turkey might move to coupons in an effort to at least have something to offer their employees. as far as the taxable income, the value of the coupon states that it is $0.001 i'm sure the company tax lawyer gave them good advice on that. so move on, there must be something else you can find to piss and moan about.